Husqvarna 346xp oe handle question.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodslasher

Make McCulloch Great Again!
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I bought an oe 346xp off of my brother with the knowledge that the gas cap blew up and the front handle was bent out of shape. I'll try to straighten it but in the event I can't I'd like to know what type of handle it uses as a replacement. Almost all the Ebay ones look like they're solid plastic or whatever that stuff is while the handle on mine is aluminum with the rubber grips. Is there a difference and if so, does it matter? I would much prefer an aluminum one but if finding one is impossible I'd settle for plastic.

Plastic will work on the top handle, you will just need longer bolts on the bottom. Also it will make your saw a little heavier. On the gas cap just get a new one if the back handle is not damaged were it screws in, you will need that also....

Plastic will work on the top handle, you will just need longer bolts on the bottom. Also it will make your saw a little heavier. On the gas cap just get a new one if the back handle is not damaged were it screws in, you will need that also....
Now you've got me curious, I'd always heard the plastic ones were lighter. I've never weighed them.

OP, a handle from a 350, 351, or 353 will also work and are metal.

I got a new fuel cap and the saw runs like a champ with no other work, but the bar is bent. If all goes well a new one should be picked up today. I'll try straightening the handle in the next few days provided I remember while I'm not busy.

Back