Zama Carb Kit Availability?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveSr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hello,

Recently I have been looking for a genuine Zama OEM carb kit (RB-77) . I have not had a lot of luck tracking down a genuine kit let alone for a reasonable price.

So now that Stihl owns Zama have they shut off the supply of carb rebuild kits? Looking at tha Zama web site it says that this particular kit must be purchased from a Stihl dealer. However, when I look at the IPL for this particular carb it calls out an 1130-007-1061 kit of parts. However, this part number doesn't show up in in a major Stihl distributor's parts list as an available/orderable part number.

Anybody know what is going on?

Zama brand
1f5bd7a92291c2a787b759f4066d213a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you considered a new carb? Some are available at the same price or less than the kit. I just replaced two zamas on Husky 128 trimmers and they worked perfectly. The carbs came with fuel filter, air filter, gaskets, fuel line, and extra primer bulbs.

That number 1130 0070 1061 is the gasket and diaphragm kit (Zama description GND-33), which is listed in the IPL. It`s not a complete rebuilt kit. As you`ve already said, the rebuilt kit would be the RB-77, used for the C1Q-S43, 57, 137, 152, 264 carburetors on the 017, 018, MS 170, 180.

That number 1130 0070 1061 is the gasket and diaphragm kit (Zama description GND-33), which is listed in the IPL. It`s not a complete rebuilt kit. As you`ve already said, the rebuilt kit would be the RB-77, used for the C1Q-S43, 57, 137, 152, 264 carburetors on the 017, 018, MS 170, 180.

Point is that Zama says the kit is only available from Stihl dealers yet the distributor doesn't seem to carry it. Used to see genuine Zama kits all over FleaBay and Amazon. Now they appear to be mostly gone except for NOS. Poof!

I have never seen a complete kit per say online, as in one with the plug and check. I have seen it go as far as diaphragms, gaskets, needle, arm, spring in a kit on amazon.ca
Thing is they come from China and shipping times are 2 weeks

I have never seen a complete kit per say online, as in one with the plug and check. I have seen it go as far as diaphragms, gaskets, needle, arm, spring in a kit on amazon.ca
Thing is they come from China and shipping times are 2 weeks
I am pretty sure that these Chinese kits are NOT genuine Zama but something of unknown heritage (which I would rather not take chances with).

I am pretty sure that these Chinese kits are NOT genuine Zama but something of unknown heritage (which I would rather not take chances with).
I’ve pulled factory carbs off of Stihls and other brands that are marked “made in China”. I’ve also bought Zama and Walbro carb repair kits from the dealer that are labeled “made in China”. Unless I need the parts quickly I just cut out the dealer markup and buy from EBay or Amazon. The numerous kits I have bought online often don’t have a few parts that the ones from the dealer but I rarely need those parts anyway. Other than that I have seen no clear quality difference between them. Also, they’re so inexpensive I usually buy 2-3 kits just to have parts on hand.

Zama is a Chinese company!!!!

If you want a rebuild kit it’s coming from China on a big ass ferry along with all the other Chinese shi*ola

Big saw companies are using em more and more, replacing walbro carbs, especially on their low end saws. I think even some of the auto tune carbs are zama.

$22 for what used to be a $5-10 kit in a Zama envelope instead of a Stihl envelope. How is this 100-200% price increase a good deal for consumers?

consumers don't buy Zama carb rebuild kits as a rule. saw guys do though! to me, I agree with you. rampant inflation! an economy gone wrong! other than in some cases where mere availability is more than utility enough to justify the price. a stihl 044 Zama carb kit was quoted $54.00. the Stens $14,95. I will buy the Stens.

the $2.65 gasoline I buy currently used to be 37-cents a gallon.

life is not fair! but if we want it, cannot make it we must pay the fare.

the corvette I used to buy new for $4,350.00 is now close to or over $100,000.00

gaskets, cars and gasoline... the list is endless.

Back