Seezed husky 346xp $?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We’re talking seezed not running right?

How about a 350 running?

I bid on a couple recently on Ebay that didn't look great without a bar that went around $200. A new piston/cylinder $104 and you have a good saw. You can't flip them at that price and make anything, but there is a demand for 346xp part saws and they will not go cheap. One appearance wise looks good, good bar with piston damage I will give $200 for right now.

I bid on a couple recently on Ebay that didn't look great without a bar that went around $200. A new piston/cylinder $104 and you have a good saw. You can't flip them at that price and make anything, but there is a demand for 346xp part saws and they will not go cheap. One appearance wise looks good, good bar with piston damage I will give $200 for right now.
Holy smokes! You'd **** yourself if you knew what I gave for my last two project 346s:laugh:.

They are great saws, but there are a TON of them and 353s, 351s, and the red counterparts out there. Hell, if you're just putting one together for yourself there's no reason not to use a 340/345/350 bottom end with one of the hot rod top ends. The 42mm jugs make very comparable power in my experience, and rev higher. They use a cheaper piston as well.

It's worth depends on what a repaired one is worth to you. Reduce that by the parts cost and your time. Keep in mind that you will likely need other parts besides just the cyl/p - possibly bearings, seals, carb, plug, fuel lines, filter. It adds up fast.

It's worth depends on what a repaired one is worth to you. Reduce that by the parts cost and your time. Keep in mind that you will likely need other parts besides just the cyl/p - possibly bearings, seals, carb, plug, fuel lines, filter. It adds up fast.
For a lot of people it's a hobby, so the time doesn't have a value, but I question people buying project saws off the 'bay and claiming they make $$.

Most saws I buy need a top end minimum.

Then I usually install new crank seals, fuel line, fuel filter, carb kit etc etc.

Even if the saw is say a 500 series husky I may pay a bit more as they are worth more running. More often then not the only top end available for a newer saw will be oem so the cost adds up quickly.

Wish we could get deals like that on oem parts up here in canada.

So if you paid $200 for the saw, $100 for a top end, $30 for seals and gaskets, $10 for fuel line and filter, $10 for a carb kit you have a grand total of $350.

Its up to you how badly you want a saw like that I guess.

Wish we could get deals like that on oem parts up here in canada.

So if you paid $200 for the saw, $100 for a top end, $30 for seals and gaskets, $10 for fuel line and filter, $10 for a carb kit you have a grand total of $350.

Its up to you how badly you want a saw like that I guess.
I've got one with all the work done I'd sell for $350... And another in a few weeks:cool:

The fun for me is having high end saws that I've gone through for way less then I can buy one for.

I'm also a cheap bastard though so take my thoughts with a grain of salt!! :)

The fun for me is having high end saws that I've gone through for way less then I can buy one for.

I'm also a cheap bastard though so take my thoughts with a grain of salt!! :)
It's similar for me. Then every now and then I'll pick up a mess of saws, sell some, and build one or two for free or less.

It's similar for me. Then every now and then I'll pick up a mess of saws, sell some, and build one or two for free or less.

Yeah I like doing it that way to.

I just sold a bunch of ms 260s that I bought cheap and rebuilt. That paid for my 562, 576 qnd the parts to build my 044 thats sitting on the bench right now.

Cheap bastard I am!! :)

Yeah I like doing it that way to.

I just sold a bunch of ms 260s that I bought cheap and rebuilt. That paid for my 562, 576 qnd the parts to build my 044 thats sitting on the bench right now.

Cheap bastard I am!! :)
Never ever EVER pick up a Dolmar. They run so good but cost so much to fix. The 5100s' and 5105s are my krytonite.

Latest posts

Back