New Stihl ms500i?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
is it here in the states yet or when is it coming here? The fuel injection sounds good. If it had oil injection for the two stroke oil that’s a plus too.

The new dirtbikes have fuel injected and oil injected two stroke oil. It’s been tested on one ride continuously at different elevations without a problem of hickup.

We have the technology now they need to scale it down and apply it.

All the reviews I've seen look amazing. I'm sure it's going to cost a ton though.
No sign of it in Australia yet, but that's unsurprising :) Keen to hear what people think once it hits consumer hands.

The latest and greatest......get it worked on one time and you will wish it was throw-ed in the river. I am trying to find every big saw I can to hold and sale later as they will bring a premium once these hit the market. Kinda reminds me of the diesel trucks. If you have one before the tier 4 in good shape better not name a price or it will be sold and about twice what you think it is worth.

Stihl uses pre mix in their four stroke pole saws and the like. The insinuation that all of the new fuel injected 2 cycle engine motorcycles are oil injected is likely false. Ktm/husky has tpi transfer port injection this design needs injection as the fuel is not going through the lower end. The highest hp variants the SX for motocross is still carburetor at this time.

I think most of us have pleny of carb saws as backup that rarely see the light of day, I'm saving up for this 500i and hope to get one this year, with a pack of stihl oil for the extended warranty since i'm not using is for business. If solar rays disrupt mtronic and fuel injection, i still got my 041 farmboss, 028super, and 038magnum ready to go.

There’s a reason I keep my 55 cj5 Willy’s Jeep. Christine as she’s called won’t die. She’s been plowing snow and dirt for 25 years now, my point is we can’t beat the older quality built stuff.

The Japanese bikes of four decades ago maybe more were over designed because of no CAD system to cheapen the design everything was over built back then.

I think most of us have pleny of carb saws as backup that rarely see the light of day, I'm saving up for this 500i and hope to get one this year, with a pack of stihl oil for the extended warranty since i'm not using is for business. If solar rays disrupt mtronic and fuel injection, i still got my 041 farmboss, 028super, and 038magnum ready to go.
:innocent:
20190505_123927.jpg

i talked with husky on Facebook but mums the word on what’s coming next. I wonder what there going to offer,,,,,,,,

Dang he must like his 50 and 60 cc saws from what i can tell, question is where's the shelf with the big blocks? Definitely a fun time right now with new models in anticipation, better pad that wallet and save up, forget junior college fund

Back