Keep 461 or buy 472-572?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats nice about the 461 is the older style clutch covers and dogs can all fit and with the larger cover it looks bad to the bone...

Got a newer pic of mine with dogs!
Nice, 4 point pro safety I presume? Filter does get dirty quick but if you are willing to run maxflow system oiled filter that will allow you to run much longer between cleanings plus saw will run better with a good deal more airflow, open up existing port on muffler plus add one,then remove inner baffle & you will have a little beast of a saw imo! I wish I had funds to stock up on 461r.

If you're cutting lots of hardwoods up to 20" or so then the 462 will make one very happy. If you're cutting Doug Fir or other sappy conifers then things start to change quickly. Guys around here are holding on to their 461's and waiting for the 500 to come out.

I'm not trying to imply that the 462 is underpowered, it's that folks think it's an upgrade for a 77cc saw when it's actually 71cc's.

Keep the 461 & wait for the 500i. The 500i is the more intriguing saw to me, .8 more hp than the 462 in a light weight package

Or if $$ flows then keep the 461, buy the 572, 462 & 500i, then report back to us with a review
thumbnail_IMG_6339.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6338.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6337.jpg

Next up is the 500i, the first truly innovative saw, imo, in a long time

Back