Cross Performance MMWS MS660 cylinder port picked ring

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Contact hl
I had 2 of the 288 cylinder kits and one of the 372 kits with bad plating problems.
Only the deal of the day whoever makes them
They aren't farmertec/huztl some other company makes these.
They shipped me new kits that were good to go
I always check for sharp ports
Oem has them too.
The hyway kits so far 5 of them were good out of box no clean up needed.

And you missed that . You must be a part changer and that it. If you would of cleaned it up to begin with I bet you wouldn't have that big chip you caused the DAMAGE. So here you go. Buy a new saw or pay someone to fix yours. I'd be to ashamed if I done that to take pictures and show everyone that I'm a dumbass so go figure . So here you going or do I need to spell it out for you !!!! I have a friend with a tree removal business has 5 660 with same cylinder they out perform a stock oem and when I purchase them they were only 79.00 each. Watch some more YouTube videos.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
I thought this was America... you know, that country that takes pride in quality control?
I don't see any wisdom coming from you, only ignorant ranting.

For a product too be sold by a retailer its legally binding requirements are that it MUST be of 'merchantable quality' and 'fit for the purpose'. An off the shelf replacement part 'should' be able to be installed & run as intended. That's what OEM products usually do, but despite this these cheap Chinese parts really need to be properly inspected and tweaked prior to installation. Many simply don't meet basic legal product requirements but are sold purely driven by price. Should a new product they need to be tuned before use..NO. Would I dare installing a Chinese part without inspection/modification..hell no. Some folks will never save money using these parts, some can.

And you missed that . You must be a part changer and that it. If you would of cleaned it up to begin with I bet you wouldn't have that big chip you caused the DAMAGE. So here you go. Buy a new saw or pay someone to fix yours. I'd be to ashamed if I done that to take pictures and show everyone that I'm a dumbass so go figure . So here you going or do I need to spell it out for you !!!! I have a friend with a tree removal business has 5 660 with same cylinder they out perform a stock oem and when I purchase them they were only 79.00 each. Watch some more YouTube videos.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
You wouldn't happen to have a friend named Job would you ?

Maybe Cross could take some of that extra $100+ they charge and put a note in the box saying we really suck at finishing our product. Please do it your self.
There's a lot of products out on the market that could truly be exceptional if they had better quality control. Sounds like this is one of them. I agree with the person who said they would rather pay a little extra for a part that doesn't need additional work out of the box.

You'd think the people who put their name on this would want to make sure the final product is bolt on ready to avoid bad press.....

I dug in to the records and I bought this from dssjms on eBay on 12/10/2018 . I have bought several items from them and have no complaints.
Not sure how Cross Performance and HL Supply fit together. But, like I said earlier the statute of limitations is over on this one. Looks like I'm the bug.

I dug in to the records and I bought this from dssjms on eBay on 12/10/2018 . I have bought several items from them and have no complaints.
Not sure how Cross Performance and HL Supply fit together. But, like I said earlier the statute of limitations is over on this one. Looks like I'm the bug.
Ask him
He goes by @Definitive Dave
Doesn't hurt to ask.

I have built several 660s with the Cross P+C, including the one in the HL Supply video, and have not had any failures, but I always check and smooth the bevels on the ports, and as Doc Al stated, they are a known problem with these kits (but I still checked them even before I knew it was a known problem). IMO, if you are building a saw, that is part of what you do.

I did have a piston pin bearing go bad, so now I only use OEM piston pin bearings and clips … cheap insurance.

The Cross P+C generally will run a good deal stronger than stock.

Back