Model histories for chippers- models and years?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeracket

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
It really helps when you are shopping for used equipment if you know what was made when and by whom. I'm looking for any links on model histories by major chipper manufacturers on what models they made and when. Vermeer, Brush Bandits, Altec, Morbark etc. Seems these companies do not post that sort of info all that often and you find yourself wondering when the (insert choice word) was this chipper made.

You won't be able to find that information. If you find a machine you like, simply call the manufacturer with the serial number and they will tell you what year it was made and the engine brand and size as well.

You can call me if you find something and I'll give you an unbiased opinion as we only sell used equipment. I'm right down the street from you.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Figures. No matter what the company or the machine it's always hard to get much history data. Mainly trying to gauge vintages so as to avoid older units that parts are scarce. Will call, thanks.

Back