Englander odd size fire brick

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshNY

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am installing an Englander 24-acd. My mom bought it new in 2001, and upgraded and gave this to me.
The stove seems well built and is in very good shape except many of the fire bricks are broken.
They are an odd size that none of the hardware stores or tractor supply carries.
Sides are 9x4x2.25 (takes 14)
Bottom is 9x4x1.25 (takes 7)

Anyone have a reasonable prices source?
I found a couple online sellers, but pricey nd shipping is crazy. ($250 for all of them with shipping!)

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

I was thinking you could get the ones from Home Depot and cut them to fit. But at $40 per box of 6, you would need 4 boxes, so not much savings compared to just buying the correct ones. Good luck in your search.

Tractor supply has 9x4.5x1.25 I can cut down, but can't find the 2.25 thick.

I saw that was the same as HD. I did find some 2.25 bricks from Amaco but they were $15 for 3 bricks. I'm going to try the place I get my landscape bricks, they make them on site.

I have an England 28 3500 furnace. I bought the fire bricks and used them as they are.
Worked fine for me even though only 1.25 thick.

You can pay a lot more and get them from England stove works.

https://heatredefined.com

:D Al

To follow up, I called around the stove places and one told me to check the local cement block company. Sure enough, they had 9x4.5x1.25 for $2.60 each
And 9x4.5x2.25 for $3.00 each.
They are 1/2 wider than the originals, so I'll just have to cut the bricks on the end of each row.

Back