The 3400 that could!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good saw to play with.....highly underrated saw even comparing to newer saws. I bet it will have some pretty good gains, especially in the chain speed department. Just for the fun of it I put a new crank in a 3700 and they are pretty straight forward and simple to work on comparing to the newer EPA saws. If someone can handle the weight alright one of those will cut your annual firewood needs. They are still one of my favorites, but you have to get them cheap.

Looks like fun! You may want a little more arch in the top of that exhaust port. I hope you don't mind the feedback.
No problem with feedback, I thought about that. Being hard on rings but i got carried away raising it. I guess it wouldn’t take much arch to help though huh

A good saw to play with.....highly underrated saw even comparing to newer saws. I bet it will have some pretty good gains, especially in the chain speed department. Just for the fun of it I put a new crank in a 3700 and they are pretty straight forward and simple to work on comparing to the newer EPA saws. If someone can handle the weight alright one of those will cut your annual firewood needs.
Yea I like them, I put my craftsman 3.7 in the firewood rotation, I probably cut 15 cords with it this year. I need to eventually get a 4000 to finish the herd. Maybe by then I’ll be good at porting these. I think they are a man’s man saw, the carb needs touched up regularly, kinda finicky to start after mods seems like. One wrong move and my 3.7 is flooded bad.

That exhaust port is begging to be ported and polished. I been searched for a saw to port and everyone runs so good I hate to touch it. I need a sleeper that no one expects to clean house.

Decades ago before husky saws there was a 6 cube Poulan saw?

After losing my job to cheaper machine tools from Japan I went to the speed cutting at the local fairs with a vengeance with my 2100. Six slices and boring two holes without breaking out in 17.5 seconds. That 2100 was smoking. Of course I was in great shape all limbered up fresh from the woods. I hung in there with the land clearing guys and loggers.
The 6 cube saw was made by Dolmar and rebadged as a Poulan.

Latest posts

Back