wood burning stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iron Man is not made from iron, but rather a steel-nickel-titanium alloy called Nitinol. Names are simply monikers...

If no wood, then what do you do with it?

One can make sure to purchase their beer in cases. That way you can just burn the cardboard cases, if out of wood, for the stove. Just trying to be helpful.

Been burning wood since ‘79. Figured out I was wasting wood. I put a temp gauge on the stove and on the stove pipe so I can regulate the burn time in the stove plus with a stove pipe damper regulate the heat that goes up the chimney. I send enough heat up the chimney so creosote can’t form. My amount of firewood for the heating season was cut in half.

Being a firewood cutter in the bizz I seperate some of the hickory, white oak and red oak for those colder January nights. Not all of the wood just some of it. Black birch brings the cold house up to a warm house very quickly if the fire is low. Any birchwood has this feature.

Latest posts

Back