Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like this?

View attachment 734941

Similar type of thing I'd imagine. These ones will bite defensively if you're being a jerk towards them but would otherwise rather go and find another spot to hide. I didn't squash him, just flicked him off and he found a new home. Funnel webs, white tails and redback spiders get the size 10 treatment.
That gives me the heebeejeebies!!!! Yuk Yuk Yuk!!

Our wolf spiders are solitary beasts and when they do have babies, the babies are about the size of gnats. I do not bother them unless they are near a doorway cause inevitably they will end up inside then.

I could use a couple tons of those, nice scrounge :rock:.

I has indeed come in handy that's for sure.

TcA1gv6l.jpg

Scrounged 95% of this mezzinine floor too from the tip, and got given the flooring from the tip too, only thing I had to buy was the box channel at the front/back of the pic and the bolts to put it all together.

2GOPvLNl.jpg

UJiJGtpl.jpg

Like this?

View attachment 734941

Similar type of thing I'd imagine. These ones will bite defensively if you're being a jerk towards them but would otherwise rather go and find another spot to hide. I didn't squash him, just flicked him off and he found a new home. Funnel webs, white tails and redback spiders get the size 10 treatment.

Yep exactly like that:D

That gives me the heebeejeebies!!!! Yuk Yuk Yuk!!

Our wolf spiders are solitary beasts and when they do have babies, the babies are about the size of gnats. I do not bother them unless they are near a doorway cause inevitably they will end up inside then.

I was cutting wood with/for a mate that day and suggested he keep the rest of the rounds from that log intact then get his wife to split them back at his house, stand back and watch the show :crazy2::crazy2:

Got a new scrounge site yesterday so to celebrate I went out and got this today.... :)

20190509_153736.jpg

Ran it for a bit this afternoon and I will say I am impressed. Power to weight ratio is right on, and for my first M-tronic it seems to do well. Time to get it dirty!

I has indeed come in handy that's for sure.

TcA1gv6l.jpg

Scrounged 95% of this mezzinine floor too from the tip, and got given the flooring from the tip too, only thing I had to buy was the box channel at the front/back of the pic and the bolts to put it all together.

2GOPvLNl.jpg

UJiJGtpl.jpg
That's great.
What is the building used for.

I would have designed them to drop every 1/3 turn (instead of only once in 360 degrees), but if you are carful with them … I don't have any problems, and they last better than traditional caps.

Sometimes I need a tool to remove the caps on my 660 … I hate that!

(I forget to put a screw in cap back once also … same result!)

As much as I love my 261, I would also like to kick the flipping cap engineers in the knuts. Justed filled it up to head to the bush. View attachment 735010
Just ran 4 tanks through my ms201c rear handle yesterday, great little saw, sure wish they had husky flippys. I still like the stihl flippys better than the old screw style, I've even seen the screw style that had a hole in the bottom of the screw slot from a swrench that was leaking fuel :eek:. By far the worse story I've heard about the stihl flippys was from a friend who did concrete work; one of the guys he worked with ended up in the hospital because the gas cap wasn't on properly and he was cutting rebar with an abrasive blade :blob2:.
Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 11.22.19 PM.png

As much as I love my 261, I would also like to kick the flipping cap engineers in the knuts. Justed filled it up to head to the bush. View attachment 735010
Stihl must have poached them from Husqvarna after their success with the 395 bar oil leaks. There's almost no way to better engineer bar oil leaks than that. Speaking of oil leaks, this nut behind the wheel dropped about 4 gallons of oil into my tractor yesterday before realising one sump plug wasn't screwed back in. Somewhere, a polar bear laments the eco terrorism.

Back