Aftermarket ignition component quality.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan_289

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
As stated in my Husqvarna 61 thread, I'm in need of new ignition coils. The price difference between oem and aftermarket is quite a lot. Prices online are all over for aftermarket, are there particular brands to look for? If anyone here is a dealer, I would rather spend it here than in Ebay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I have used a couple, one on a ms250 a friend owns, and one on my ms440 Huztl kit saw. Both worked well, no issues.
Member Ozhoo on here helped me out on a part for my ms440 kit and was a stand up guy to deal with, check with him to see if he might have your coil.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

OEM is the 2ay to go, the aftermarket coils are hit-and-miss as to whether or not they will work, and or how long they will work. I also had a few that wouldn't shut off.

Thats what im afraid of. Im not a big fan of aftermarket parts for things like carburetors and ignition. This saw is not going to see much use however im still having a hard time hitting the buy button on the aftermarket parts. My luck goes like this....if I buy the cheap one it will fail and ill end up buying the oem one in the end. Usually if there are two options on parts for something I own, I always have the one that costs more.

Thats what im afraid of. Im not a big fan of aftermarket parts for things like carburetors and ignition. This saw is not going to see much use however im still having a hard time hitting the buy button on the aftermarket parts. My luck goes like this....if I buy the cheap one it will fail and ill end up buying the oem one in the end. Usually if there are two options on parts for something I own, I always have the one that costs more.
Is this cheap and convenient enough to be adventurous? o_O
https://usa.banggood.com/Ignition-C...p-1349177.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=USA

I should add that I've very successfully bought a few phones, chargers, USB & bluetooth devices from this crowd but as yet, no chainsaw ignitions.

One Chinese vendor's SEM copy might be excellent and the next, a piece of junk, so it might be worth trying a non-OEM set that someone else has already "field tested".
That's true, you never know what your going to get when you go with Chinese parts. Sometimes I think it's worth the risk.

Back