Mods to one of my fire wood tractors.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Another Bota mod I did on a rainy Wednesday. First let me go over the ones already did to help me like the tractor.

The first mod was to make it so I could turn in the seat to watch the logs I was skidding so the tractor didn’t quit every time I turned in the seat.

The pencil box from the factory they called a tool box was a joke, Maybe a scrench would have fit in it. I removed that and the SMV sign made some brackets and installed a real tool box. I think even the color mates well. Right now there are 2 wood splitting wedges, two 15 inch crescent wrenches, a 1/2 breaker bar, 1/2 inch ratchet and assorted sockets, a small pipe wrench, about 6 pair of class II 3 point shims I made, a ball of string, and a soup can of screws left over from working on a deer blind. I also like the hooks I added to the over sized brackets. I hang Lynch pins and even the third link pin on them, is also a handy place to hand the draw bar temporary.

[/url

[url=https://postimg.cc/62vsD47M]

The saw holders are very handy and made with some scrap T1 11 I had. I really should remove them and paint or stain them.

I now carry four saws to the woods with me and I can still use the bucket because chains saws are not in it.

9Mm1xGh.jpg

Also added a quick hitch, was going to buy a cheap Harbor Freight one till I saw one that bend when the fellow got stuck in the mud. Those turn buckles I found to fasten a new 3 point equipment was a royal pain and took for ever. Yes I have to mod some of the equipment to hook them up quick. May be a back up camera will be added in the future too.

jFimrHP.jpg

Next on the mod list was to swap the rear tires. Move the left one to the right wheel center and the right one to the left wheel center. Changed the stance so it is just about as wide as a REAL tractor at 66 inches. Need some fender extensions now so I don’t get pelted with mud clumps.
Round bailer belting it to expensive, Maybe I should take a trip to a machinery salvage yard.

Now the last mod I did on a rainy days this week.

I had a bunch of PCV pipe I picked up from a road side trash pile some pieces were over 8 feet long.

To start I cut one piece and made it as a trial, looked like it would work so I cut another piece drilled the bolt holes in both painted them and hot glued the bolts in them. Got them mounted and thought this is going to be nice , can carry the sledge, the 8 pound splitting maul, my home built timber jack, and my 6 pound splitting maul and the double bit axe when I go to the woods. I ran out of the steel for the brackets so I cut down some wider stuff to make the last 4. A couple I still need to finish the paint on the holding brackets still but I mounted them to try out. I think 2 more will fit in there but I am not sure what I would carry at this point.

Al[/url]

Looks good Al. Maybe watch for some tractor trailer mud flaps laying along the highways and interstates for your fender flares. Or you could check with some Farmers or tractor shops that may be replacing belts and throwing the old stuff away.

PVC pipe makes great holders. I have installed several on my wife's old Cushman to hold rakes, shovels and etc. The Kubota is looking good. I have a similar sized Agco that I can't believe how many hours I put on a year out on the farm. I do a lot of spot spraying with it.

LOL we bought this tractor to do a lot of loader work around the place. I have many more tractors but none with a handy loader.

As of yesterday I had 266 hours on the clock of the tractor that was a year old in Oct. 2018

:D Al

i have almost thought of buying one of these but in Canada they want almost $2000 for it. it would really come in handy for yard clean up and splitting firewood. not much for pulling the logs. but everything has it's place.

https://www.bigtoolrack.com/

LOL we bought this tractor to do a lot of loader work around the place. I have many more tractors but none with a handy loader.

As of yesterday I had 266 hours on the clock of the tractor that was a year old in Oct. 2018

You have me beat by a long ways. I average 100 hours a year on mine. I just change oil in it Monday and I put 110 hours on it last year. I don't have a loader on mine I have a skid loader and track loader for that kind of work. For me its handy tractor for spot spraying pastures and fields. Its my four wheeler, side by side.

Tool holders are critical. When you're a few hundred yards into the woods, going back to get a tool wastes a lot of time and energy.

Nice looking trailer! Commercial (brand?) or homemade? What are you using to pull it? I'm thinking about a bigger trailer for my ATV but need to keep it small enough to get through some tight woods.

My Bota is 33 Horse power L3301, and cost way more than 2000 dolars USA funds too.

I suppect tyour talking about a little BX model 1880 to the BX 23.

I skid all my fire wood last fall with it and stacked it with out a grapple.

I also made a new drive way with it last summer.

JIcEB8M.jpg

Nice looking trailer! Commercial (brand?) or homemade? What are you using to pull it? I'm thinking about a bigger trailer for my ATV but need to keep it small enough to get through some tight woods.

I made the trailer a few years ago. It is 42" x 72". I've owned multiple trailers, and I've found the 4x6-5x8 size to be the most useful.

I have multiple vehicles that pull it. Mainly my garden tractors and my Ford 1700.

Looks great al. I mite suggest looking for some thick conveyer belt. I have some from the local steel mill that is more than a half inch thick and plenty sturdy enough for the fender extentions you want. It was free as it had to be replaced but stihl had much life in it for other projects. Im sure a concrete plant would have the same type belt. Good luck

My Bota is 33 Horse power L3301, and cost way more than 2000 dolars USA funds too.

I suppect tyour talking about a little BX model 1880 to the BX 23.

I skid all my fire wood last fall with it and stacked it with out a grapple.

I also made a new drive way with it last summer.

JIcEB8M.jpg

Al, Wowzer was talking about the Big tool rack he linked costing two grand.

I made the trailer a few years ago. It is 42" x 72". I've owned multiple trailers, and I've found the 4x6-5x8 size to be the most useful.

I have multiple vehicles that pull it. Mainly my garden tractors and my Ford 1700.

Wow, that's one cute & badass tractor :surprised3:

Wow, that's one cute & badass tractor :surprised3:
It’s an Ingersoll 448. Ingersoll bought out Case in the mid 1980’s. The 448 is a 18hp Onan powered approx 800 lb dry weight machine. Rides on 8-16 rears (approx. 31-32”). 11” of ground clearance, cat zero 3 point hitch. Machine is hydraulically driven. I actually have several of these brand machines. They’re very well built and fun to use. I have a 54” plow, a 48” snow caster, cab, mower deck, lawn sweeper, dump cart, Brinly plow, etc, etc. Year round work horse for sure.

It’s an Ingersoll 448. Ingersoll bought out Case in the mid 1980’s. The 448 is a 18hp Onan powered approx 800 lb dry weight machine. Rides on 8-16 rears (approx. 31-32”). 11” of ground clearance, cat zero 3 point hitch. Machine is hydraulically driven. I actually have several of these brand machines. They’re very well built and fun to use. I have a 54” plow, a 48” snow caster, cab, mower deck, lawn sweeper, dump cart, Brinly plow, etc, etc. Year round work horse for sure.
Also had one of those and that single stage snow thrower would blow snow father than any two stage I have owned. It was a nice unit, held up well and retained it's value.

OK Now I see. I thought I carried a lot of crap to the woods but no way I am about to carry so much I need one of those.

Latest posts

Back