• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Makita/Dolmar 6401>7900 ported

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yotaismygame

Juiced Saws #GetJuiced
Reaction score
Just finished porting this beast. I had a friend pick this saw up for me from a guy up in seattle. It's in great condition no issues with it when I got it but I had planned to do a 7900 top end and port it from day 1. I generally like to do new bearings and seals on the saws I port and sell but it was in such good shape I decided to not fix something that didn't need fixing. There was a pin hole in the air filter that I patched. I don't see any markings to indicating it was a rental saw. There is some scraping on the handle that could of had a number on it. Ive had two other home depot saws and both had numbers engraved in multiple places. Either way both the rental saws I've bought were in great shape. Notice the bar plate and caps are nearly mint.

Porting: Base and band cut, all the ports were massaged, muffler is gutted, stock opening enlarged and a extra port added with screens and matched to cylinder, 022 squish. Comp tester says 155 but its real tough to pull over. I don't trust testers. I'm sure it will go up once broke in. Only a handful of cuts on it now. It's full blown work saw ported, very pleased with the outcome.
$660 shipped PHO. I do have 24, 32, & 36" bars and chains available

Parts:
New OEM 7900 top end
New air filter cover
New cylinder cover
New Spark plug
New pull cord
New impulse line
New updated green oil lines
3177E042-BCFD-4650-9B8E-858055AC39E1.jpeg

Husqvanson swanson I could have had my GF take it with her to Spokane today. She made the trip home for the weekend.

Latest posts

Back