Husqvarna L77 bar stud problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh Hargis

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was just given a older Husqvarna L77, both of its bar studs need replaced, so do I have to split the case to replace them, and if so where can I fine replacement gaskets? It runs pretty good, but it does have a huge crack in the intake so I'm looking for one of those also... any help would be appreciated thank you!

I'm not familiar with the 77 but if they are like the newer Husqvarna and I think they are, you don't have to split the case. Drive them into the oil tank with a pin punch and dump them out. They should have a square head on them that fits into a slot. Fish a piece of fine wire into the stud hole and out the oil tank fill hole, wrap the wire around the threads and pull it into the hole. Put some washers on the stud and pull it home with the bar nuts. Keep looking in the oil tank to make sure the square in going into slot.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I was just given a older Husqvarna L77, both of its bar studs need replaced, so do I have to split the case to replace them, and if so where can I fine replacement gaskets? It runs pretty good, but it does have a huge crack in the intake so I'm looking for one of those also... any help would be appreciated thank you!
No need to split the case. Take off the muffler. You'll see the bar bolt heads.

Back