Glad I didn't put it all away

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rain is the new fad in the east.

For 30 years in a row, I've done an epic over night float down our local river for some fantastic smallmouth fishing, each year in early may.
Last year and this year.....river up and muddy....couldn't go.:nofunny:

We got rain last night too. Still we just went through the coldest winter ever recorded. Already rained another .25'' this morning this is supposed to be sunny Southern California. Those climate people must be sleeping on the job again. Thanks

We got rain last night too. Still we just went through the coldest winter ever recorded. Already rained another .25'' this morning this is supposed to be sunny Southern California. Those climate people must be sleeping on the job again. Thanks
Weather and climate are not the same thing, just sayin.

It's been crazy weather! We have a fire going too. It's supposed to stay in the 50s again today. There's hope though, looks like 80 by the end of the week. We finished planting the garden in the rain Saturday. We knew the rain would come anytime, but we had the free time to do it so we just got it done. One a good note, I got over 200 strawberry plants from a guy whose garden I tilled. He wanted me to just till them under! Nope, I saved them all.

We didn't spark up the stove this morning - mainly because I have no wood that is under cover, so it's all rain soaked. 41°F outside. With the oil burner running, the house was 66°F (which is the thermostat set point). It was actually colder in the house this morning than it was on the coldest morning during the winter.

Saw a stat on the morning weather report: To date, last year, 17.54" of rain. This year, 17.99" of rain. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

We didn't spark up the stove this morning - mainly because I have no wood that is under cover, so it's all rain soaked. 41°F outside. With the oil burner running, the house was 66°F (which is the thermostat set point). It was actually colder in the house this morning than it was on the coldest morning during the winter.

Saw a stat on the morning weather report: To date, last year, 17.54" of rain. This year, 17.99" of rain. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Saw that too......can't imagine more rain this year than last.
Dumped 2" of rain from gauge this morning and yard looks like this. Lol15577624410898211398717496844701.jpg

And yet it’ll probably be an extremely dry summer again here in Michigan

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

38 and raining with no let up in sight .I fired up the wood burner Friday night and it looks like it will going till at least sat. I don't remember ever burning full time in may .

I have had the furnace going since last thrusday evening. Was 35F here this morning at 7:00 AM, yesterdays high was only 44F wet and damp chilly day. weather guessers are saying possiable 80F by the week end. No I will not hold my breath waiting for it to happen.
Normal for this time of year here is 67F, I'll settle for that and no more rain for a couple weeks.

Last year we didn't have the rain in April we got this year we had snow instead every other day in April.

:D Al

Back