Stihl 075/076 Clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger075

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
The clutch on my 075 lost the fiber pad on one of the shoes. I found another clutch from an 076 that's in pretty good shape but there aren't any fiber pads on any of the shoes. The OD of this 076 clutch is the same as the diameter of the 075 clutch including the shoes.

Did Stihl make clutches for these saws both with and without shoes?

Thanks,
Roger

I have both 075, 076, 070. It does not matter what type you have in that they all will work. Depending on the year the material is the same as braking lining. The newer ones or after market often have kevlar material. I have seen plain cast aluminum clutches with out lining, but never knew for sure whether they were worn or intended as plain. Anyway it does not matter because clutches are easy to replace. Thanks

Thanks for your replies. I hadn't even considered trying to attach the pad that came off.

This clutch seems to have steel shoes which just fit inside the drum. I was concerned about having the steel shoes slipping on the steel drum but I guess they were designed that way.

Roger
Stihl_076_clutch_may_2019.jpeg

Thanks for the reassurance.

The metal pads are new to me since all of the saws that I've owned have had fiber covered shoes and my next project with this saw is to mill a 44" diameter white fir into slabs.

I have always had trouble getting rid of White Fir. A guy I know has been asking if I have any for carving tables out of them. This just came up a couple of weeks ago. It looks OK to me, but when wet it does not last long. Thanks

Latest posts

Back