Stihl 201T leaking bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigeclipse

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
All,
I have a 201T which I use only to trim limbs in a trees on a rare occasion (mainly for treestands to be honest). I do not work on saws but I am slightly mechanically inclined. Anyways, I got this saw at an estate sale so have no history on it. It runs well and I have been using it off and on over the past year. It cuts well and runs fine BUT every time I use it, it leaks bar oil. I mean pretty bad to be honest, so what I do now is after each use I drain the saw of the oil so it doesn't leak all over. I am not even sure what to check or where but there is either a crack somewhere or a plug is missing or a line is unplugged or something. Any ideas of what to check and where? Thanks!

Remove clutch and chain sprocket and have a look on the oil pump. Maybe the hose or pump itself is leaking or were the hose connects to the tank housing. The worst case would be a crack in the crankcase.

Remove clutch and chain sprocket and have a look on the oil pump. Maybe the hose or pump itself is leaking or were the hose connects to the tank housing. The worst case would be a crack in the crankcase.
Thanks. I just checked YouTube and found videos on a ms200 oil pump. Would these be similar to how you would take apart the ms201t?

Back