Nothin like a wood fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marine5068

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
There's nothing more enjoyable than heating your home with wood, in my opinion.
It's the enjoyment of being somewhat self sufficient and handy with tools and fire.
Plus, after a hard workday, it so nice to sit near a stove or fireplace and read, eat, relax and whatnot.
Coming in from a brisk day working outside and seeing that fire and feeling the warmth makes me happy every time and keeps me smiling.P_20180105_032820.jpg

+1,,, been rainy for days here, barely gets out of the 40s... I fired up the stove this morning to take the chill off, been feeding it since...
Supposed to rain til Wednesday...

Totally agree. Thankfully the Wife does to. Wood heat warms you to the core and I agree. I’m in NC so have been done burning for a while now.

60345422_2463653350353275_8849147365941051392_n.jpg

This is us, we had a couple record High temp days then, BAM, fire up the woodstove again, burning right now as we watch the Blazers Whoop Ass on the Golden State Warriors

Doug :cheers:

It requires a lot of work then setting a thermostat and forgetting it, but it is satisfying.

I agree. I like the chainsaw part of bucking up a tree. But I split all by hand and I just don’t like the splitting part. Often after hours of splitting I’m like is this really worth it? But then when it’s 25 outside and I’m sitting inside by the wood stove I’m like “yep it’s worth it”.

I agree. I like the chainsaw part of bucking up a tree. But I split all by hand and I just don’t like the splitting part. Often after hours of splitting I’m like is this really worth it? But then when it’s 25 outside and I’m sitting inside by the wood stove I’m like “yep it’s worth it”.

Nothing is free. You ether have to buy fuel or electricity or work to get firewood. Ether way it's gonna cost you something. Wood is a renewable recourse and wood can be found that would just go to waste, like trees that die for what ever reason.
Even if you get wood for free, you still have to feed the heater every so often. It's not as handy as setting a thermostat and forgetting it. But it creates an atmosphere that central heat doesn't provide.

Latest posts

Back