Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy March everyone !!!

bf8cf823b2e57b366fbd2588cbdc8e2a.jpg

Got a call from Paul the developer this afternoon, I guess the storage area cut has been put on hold :(
Got to go walk a new property tomorrow with some big Spruce and hardwoods to cut so they can plant a new house :)
Back to the storage area cut after that :)
I sure don't want to run low on wood , it's been a long cold season up here you know ...

I was told that that the storage area was going to be cut by a fella that owed Paul money so he was going to work off the debt , well, the fella thought that just slashing the driveway in through the brush was more work than what repayment of the debt should be lol
Paul is not very happy , I is very happy :)

Happy March everyone !!!

bf8cf823b2e57b366fbd2588cbdc8e2a.jpg
Had the stove going yesterday probably get a small fire going after work this morning to keep the furnace from running. Never thought mid may I'd still need the stove burning.

Maple makes a cozy house.
Yes it does. And saves the better wood for the real cold weather.

Sugar (Hard) Maple, Black (Rock) Maple and Norway Maple all have very respectable BTU ratings. Red Maple is lower (but decent) and Silver Maple, Box Elder + Sycamore (all are Maples) are lower. Want to impress someone with your saw … film it in Silver Maple!

Could you tell only by the pictures which type of maple my wood load is ? I thought about sugar maple but not 100% sure. What I do know is that they are on the heavy side

Back