Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those of you that have to move saws about inside your car, mustang, suv scrounge wagon, truck cab, this sort of thing look ideal surely? its what i'd try if i was doing that (I'm not, i only buck and noodle, only cut at home....the 50m walk up the street wit hthr Swede was the furthest my saws have ever been!)
51Twf6UufuL._SL1001_.jpg

That one is a mere £8.19 on Amazon UK....its tempting to get a pair just to cozy my saws up!

Could you tell only by the pictures which type of maple my wood load is ? I thought about sugar maple but not 100% sure. What I do know is that they are on the heavy side

Very hard to tell … even sometimes with it right in front of you! A leaf would help.

I look about as worn out as the old dodge in that pic. The pile of splits that has no home nearly doubled when i emptied the truck.

How far are you and Steve from Harrisburg, PA?

I drove out two weeks ago for a scoring conference for state assessments and REALLY wanted to bring my saws however the other teacher I carpooled with surely would not appreciate the gear in the car as we drove west on the PA turnpike for two hours.

I drove out two weeks ago for a scoring conference for state assessments and REALLY wanted to bring my saws however the other teacher I carpooled with surely would not appreciate the gear in the car as we drove west on the PA turnpike for two hours.
I'm about 45 minutes from Harrisburg.

Oh wait, it's May ,,,

Hey Kiwi , them Petzl's comfy ?
At first, no. As my first helmet it took some getting used to and a while to dial in the fit. I'm still taking it off on hot days (which are few and far between lately) to cool off but it feels more natural now than it did. If on a farm bucking rounds rather than falling, and far away from prying safety-inspector eyes, I'd not wear it. But the last job, felling in clear view of a state highway, it was a must ;-)

Should have let us know Ryan. We would have let you play with our toys in our playground. :yes:

Very stylin'!

Not sure how them hold up, or if they are easy to keep clean. 'Camouflages' it a bit too.

Philbert

Indeed, at that price I can't imagine its that sturdy, but then if its just to keep a mucky saw from getting a truck cab or car rear seat dirty then it doesn't need to be robust i guess, so long as its not a tight fit and you are careful with any cheap zips.

Indeed, at that price I can't imagine its that sturdy, but then if its just to keep a mucky saw from getting a truck cab or car rear seat dirty then it doesn't need to be robust i guess, so long as its not a tight fit and you are careful with any cheap zips.
Husqvarna sells a chainsaw carrying bag (at least over here). Says it is Cordura nylon with a removable plastic tray liner.Under $30 at aeveral sites.
https://www.baileysonline.com/husqv...MI9JvVm_Og4gIVRtbACh1BFQcJEAQYAyABEgLId_D_BwE

Screen shot 2019-05-16 at 3.37.02 PM.png

Philbert

We often talk about the old ways... Especially how they dealt with snow. So I thought I'd share this now that it's all but gone. Their is a pull ring on the front. I can only assume the wife was put to harness while the man drove.

closest pnc atm to me

I also was told this may have been for pulling deer home. But I like my version so we'll go with that.

Actually, my big concerns about these fabric cases are:
- keeping them clean;
- melting from a hot muffler.

Philbert
Don’t know how the ones with a full length zipper work but I bought a TriLink one that only zipped on main compartment and had a fixed scabbard, claimed up to an 18” bar. Hahahaha! I could barely angle a 14” bar into it but the material and workmanship seemed decent.

Back