"You Suck" Thread 2019--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scored a 100cc Homelite XP1100 gear drive with a 48" bar and a solid 1/2" chain saw locally for $35

DSCN5949.JPG

I figured at the price I couldn't go wrong as I could always use it as a parts saw for my 1130G.
The starter cord wouldn't retract because the cord wasn't installed properly. That has been fixed.
Checked the spark plug and it had a solid blue discharge.
Shot some WD-40 into the spark plug hole and turned the engine over several times, then did a compression check.
It measured 120 psi, not great but not horrible either.
The wretched gas in the tank needs to be cleaned out and while I'm at it I'll replace the fuel lines.
Hopefully a carb kit won't be too difficult to locate. Already found a source for a replacement carb cover and hopefully the air filter will be as easy to find.
And yes... The chain is on backwards. :dumb2::dumb2:

Scored a 100cc Homelite XP1100 gear drive with a 48" bar and a solid 1/2" chain saw locally for $35

View attachment 736002

I figured at the price I couldn't go wrong as I could always use it as a parts saw for my 1130G.
The starter cord wouldn't retract because the cord wasn't installed properly. That has been fixed.
Checked the spark plug and it had a solid blue discharge.
Shot some WD-40 into the spark plug hole and turned the engine over several times, then did a compression check.
It measured 120 psi, not great but not horrible either.
The wretched gas in the tank needs to be cleaned out and while I'm at it I'll replace the fuel lines.
Hopefully a carb kit won't be too difficult to locate. Already found a source for a replacement carb cover and hopefully the air filter will be as easy to find.
And yes... The chain is on backwards. :dumb2::dumb2:
Probably why he sold it. Damn, thing won't cut! LOL

Walked into a pawn shop I drive by a lot and rarely have time to stop. Grabbed this saw off the shelf outside and fired it up. Tag said $250 “well used” I looked it over and it doesn’t look well used, probably 15 tanks?
I milled around a while and on my way out I offered them $200. They accepted. Out the door for $200 with my ag/timber card On file. Ms361 needs the chain sharpened and the bar won’t go for long. Idle is set a smidge high but otherwise its in a good state of tune and ready for work.
View attachment 735139
Sam, not trying to be a smart arse. I have saws on my shelves that my Dad bought new in the early 70's, and used 40 hours a week, till he retired in 86. So, they had a good 10 years of commercial use. They are all cleaner than that one, and they all have more paint on the bar. We would have 15 tanks through a saw the first week. I know you said it's a runner so all is good. I'd just like to know what you see that makes you think it's a low hour saw? Trying to see what you see, Thanks Joe.

Turns out the supposed Wiz 80 parts saw is a mostly wrecked 17L. The gear cover is rotted out, the crankcase is cracked, but there are some good parts on it. Sadly, the cylinder doesn't work on a Wiz 77. Back to the old drawing board.

Turns out the supposed Wiz 80 parts saw is a mostly wrecked 17L. The gear cover is rotted out, the crankcase is cracked, but there are some good parts on it. Sadly, the cylinder doesn't work on a Wiz 77. Back to the old drawing board.
I had a Wiz77 in running condition with a 42" bar, some low life stole it of my wood pile.

Needed a Stihl compression release several weeks ago. My dealer was out of stock.

“Go look upstairs for one ( the bone pile)”

1c5ea1202a2861d592967b2465cf25c3.jpg

“You take it home for $20?”

Out the door it went.

Needed lots of work and parts.
1d56498fc2a56512dfe928fb8c0bb711.jpg

China top end and misc later.
6cb9641c8dba64520da2f6faafc3543a.jpg

Yeah, the AF cover is wrong but fits and will keep out the rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back