I suck thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I cannot be of any help, but that is definately a neat looking saw there.

My uncle not only ran them all day but sharpened chains half the night. but that was back in the day when Men were real men. Uncle cut timer till he was in his mid 80's, was 101 when he passed.

I wouldn't like to run it all day my self rather peel pulp logs all day. You got to be old when you can remember peeling pulp logs all summer for spending money.

:D Al

My friend at the counter of the shop I use, retired last year, in his mid 70's. His father was a Pioneer dealer, and a saw shop. He knew I had my Dad's Disston DA 211, two man saw. He always liked the DA 211's. I figured he would get a kick when I told him I found a real nice DO 100. I was wrong. He said that was one saw he truly did not like. He told me it was a very odd saw to run, I forget most of the details. But, I think the grip on the handle, that looks like the grip safety on a Colt 1911, operates the clutch. He told me to save my money for another big Homelite, which are my passion in chainsaws. So I passed on it. It is a cool saw for a shelf filler. I'm sure if you got it running it would be fun to play with now and again.

Back