conveyor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor97

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Are there any good conveyors out there for $3,000? Am looking for one 16 - 18 feet and new. I don't want to mess around with a farm one that needs fixing or that I can't rely on. Also, what's the difference between a hydraulic and chain conveyor? Why is the hydraulic better? I would consider anything as long as it is in good working order but not a bucket of bolts.

Seen a nice electric on on facebook yardsales the other day. Electric, 18ft long, 3ft wide with a treaded belt. I think it was $600. I almost called about it just for something to trade on.. I'll have to do a little searching and see if I can find it again.

Edited to add, Did a search on every site I am a member of and didnt find it. They must of already sold it
Did find it, on craigs list, https://asheville.craigslist.org/hvo/d/conveyor-belt-drive-for-hay/6330566785.html

Hey Thor, where are your at in Western Wisconsin? I'm just east of River Falls. Always nice to meet other members.

Are there any good conveyors out there for $3,000? Am looking for one 16 - 18 feet and new. I don't want to mess around with a farm one that needs fixing or that I can't rely on. Also, what's the difference between a hydraulic and chain conveyor? Why is the hydraulic better? I would consider anything as long as it is in good working order but not a bucket of bolts.
Built one

Attachments

• saw 004.JPG
    saw 004.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 24
Moon I am planning on doing the same. I have done some minor work on a few over the years, but not built one from scratch. It appears yours is hydraulic and why did you choose that approach rather than have it direct drive. My calculations indicate that a hydro powered unit will cost about $500 extra than direct drive. No matter what it appears to work so you can not beat that. Any details would be appreciated. Thanks

Moon I am planning on doing the same. I have done some minor work on a few over the years, but not built one from scratch. It appears yours is hydraulic and why did you choose that approach rather than have it direct drive. My calculations indicate that a hydro powered unit will cost about $500 extra than direct drive. No matter what it appears to work so you can not beat that. Any details would be appreciated. Thanks
The hydraulic is more for giving.

The pump came off a tractor front steering the motor came for ebay .

Latest posts

Back