Ported 372 muffler mod (pipe size?)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see that point, I done for some loggers to even. I’ve seen sparks come out of the screens too though. To be honest I’ve seen more sparks coming off a bar than a muffler. Yes my oilers work, chain was sharp and all too so don’t even start that scenario

I’ve had cedar and Doug fir start before even with a stock muffler normally it’ll start the moss up first it doesn’t take much. What size is the timber that would play a huge role as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see that point, I done for some loggers to even. I’ve seen sparks come out of the screens too though. To be honest I’ve seen more sparks coming off a bar than a muffler. Yes my oilers work, chain was sharp and all too so don’t even start that scenario
No sparks, it's more like holding a lit torch up to the wood...that hot part a few inches away from the visible flame where it'll still cook you.

Actually I use flux covered silver solder rod for the stainless pipes
Like regular 97/3 solder or actual silver rods? Sorry I don’t have much experience brazing. If you don’t want to share your procedure I do understand, but if you do want to share could you be more specific?

Either way thank you

Latest posts

Back