Husqvarna 266xp bar oil hole

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdf

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello, working on this saw and cannot figure out what the small hole in center of picture below the bar oiler slot is for. Bar oil pours out of it. Local Husky dealer has no idea either.

Attachments

• 20170603_162352.jpg
    20170603_162352.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 35
Ok...the plastic tube is attached inside the oil tank but is resting on the bottom of the tank.
I rerouted to the top of the tank.
Is it supposed to have a check valve as well????

Ok...the plastic tube is attached inside the oil tank but is resting on the bottom of the tank.
I rerouted to the top of the tank.
Is it supposed to have a check valve as well????
If your talking about the black tube, that is the oil pick-up line, and should be on the bottom. The vent pipe is a clear or yellow color tube.

The 266 I had was vented like the OP's saw. It didn't come with a check valve on the plastic tube inside, but I installed one to cure the constant drip.

The 266 I had was vented like the OP's saw. It didn't come with a check valve on the plastic tube inside, but I installed one to cure the constant drip.
They must have changed it over the years then. I like the one I pictured above better, it doesn't leak.

does the 162 have this same type of breather system?

I have a friend's 162 that I built that leaks like a sieve no matter what I have done to the oil pump o-ring and oil pickup tube (just replaced both)

Hi guys, i know this is an old post, but i have a similar problem on a 266se, oil leaks like crazy by a tiny small hole below oiler. What it is suppose to be ? Way too small to fit a plastic tube vent. Seems to be connected directly in the oil tank. What can I do with that ? Thanks !

E9FE7BB0-9EFC-4D63-8F80-3E270337883A.jpeg
9A315D7E-5DF4-4BEA-9BFC-B2A578832DBF.jpeg

It’s covered over by the stainless chain guide plate. Make sure the area is clean from sawdust and dirt so it seals. I had a 570 leak but when I stopped spinning the drum and placed the power head straight up she stopped leaking oil.

It’s covered over by the stainless chain guide plate. Make sure the area is clean from sawdust and dirt so it seals. I had a 570 leak but when I stopped spinning the drum and placed the power head straight up she stopped leaking oil.

So this is kind of a oil vent ? But if hole seals with guide plate, what’s the utility ? Anyways thanks for the answer, all i want is not having oil all over the place !:yes:

Back