New csm build for my 49” bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried flipping my 076 for milling.
a) The saw was then even lower to the ground meaning you have to lean over further and it got in the way of the ground
b) The sawdust then came out of the top side of the saw and as I like milling with the wind blowing towards me to blow away the fumes it then blew the sawdust into my face.
The same applies to the 076 exhaust.

One of the best things I did with the 880 was to open up the outer exhaust and redirect the exhaust down and sideways (fluke).
The sawdust falls into the exhaust stream and is blasted away from the operators feet.
I can now mill a big log and not have to walk ankle deep in sawdust.
880-jpg.728922

This shot shows how far it sprays the sawdust.
slabJ.jpg

I never had any trouble with the fuel filter position other 076.
You may need to just remove the filter with the hose attached and reposition it so the filter sits in the bottom corner.
Not being able to refuel/oil while it's in the cut is a nuisance but only n big logs as I always top up after most cuts.

I though about an Aux fuel tank but my experience is they are also just another potential source of leaks.
I've had aux oil tanks spill their guts several time inside my vehicle.

Attachments

• bobsmillingstyle.jpg
    bobsmillingstyle.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 8
Got any top pics and height adjustment pics bob? I like the idea of gaining a few inches by bolting to the saw. Bob just curious why u run 3/8 over the 404?

I am with you, I am thinking about modding my mill and omitting the clamps. My 66 inch bar already has an extra hole or two at the tip so it should be easy.

Got any top pics and height adjustment pics bob? I like the idea of gaining a few inches by bolting to the saw. Bob just curious why u run 3/8 over the 404?

3/8 v 404. I just don't want to have to buy too many different rolls of chain so 3/8 is my stock chain except for the 441 which runs Lopro.

Here you can see the allthread rods and small cranks used for height adjustment
wholemill.jpg
One the height is adjusted the vertical upright tubes are locked to the mill using cam locks
Scams.jpg
Camplan1.jpg

InnerInboard.jpg

The more I look at Bob's photos the more I want to move to Australia and disappear into the outback!
The outback is hot and dry and pretty barren ie rocky, scrubby and very few trees. No bears or mountain lions, but lots of venomous snakes and spiders.
Areas with millable trees are usually called "bush". There are a few temperate/cooler areas with tall timber forests but occasional vicious bushfires.
Because there are few people and roads in these areas many bush fires are often just left to burn out.
When I say occasional bushfires, the estimate is that there are ~50,000 bushfires a year in Australia (many are started by lightening but also people!) and the number has increase by around 40% in the last decade. It's somewhat startling to fly across Australia during the day time and see the number of bushfires in the middle of nowhere from the plane.

Back