Fuel Mix and Bar Oil Rig - Let's See 'Em!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Multifaceted

Firewood Hoarder, Axe Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought this might be a fun topic or thread. A while back I set out to outfit my 2-stroke gas can to have everything I may need while sawing or running my 2-stroke equipment. Here I have my fuel mix and bar oil in one dual container, plus pockets for flat and star end screnches, files, and small driver for carb adjustments. The only thing I'm missing is a way to attach my stump vise...

Let's see your fuel/oil rigs!

q4VT5Cv.jpg

VwheX16.jpg

Thought this might be a fun topic or thread. A while back I set out to outfit my 2-stroke gas can to have everything I may need while sawing or running my 2-stroke equipment. Here I have my fuel mix and bar oil in one dual container, plus pockets for flat and star end screnches, files, and small driver for carb adjustments. The only thing I'm missing is a way to attach my stump vise...

Let's see your fuel/oil rigs!

q4VT5Cv.jpg

VwheX16.jpg

Nice set up. I did not know they made a bar oil/fuel tank combo. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice set up. I did not know they made a bar oil/fuel tank combo. [emoji106]

Really? Not common in brick and mortar stores that I occasion. Had to buy online. Much better than carrying multiple items. I really like having everything I need in one place that is only a few paces away.

I do like that tank

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Having everything in one spot is very convenient. I dislike having to carry multiple things into the bush.

I just carry 4 saws fully fueled and oil filed by the time I empty them I am to tired to refule them and fill with opil and go back to work.

:D Al

Sounds very... efficient...?

I've found that keeping wedges on your person are better than on the can. I sometimes wear a tool belt with pockets for wedges, screnches, hooks and whatnot, but for felling the back pocket of your pants beats anything you can carry.

With my saws a gallon of gas doesn't go very far. I have a clear/white 5 gallong jug, that is not legal, for my mix. Although I have seen them on ebay listed as gas jugs. I used to put the bar oil in a Joy Dish Soap bottle so I can squirt it in the oil hole, but the UV rays would eat the plastic. When my printing buddy saw what I was doing he gave me a bigger clear squirt bottle that works better, and is several years old and going strong. Every thing else goes in the door pocket of the truck. I'm never far from my truck either.

I get that, and like I suspect many here are, as well, I'm a weekend and occasionally a weekday warrior, so a gallon of gas is plenty for the amount of cutting or landscaping that I'm doing in a day or afternoon. A gallon of mix will last me about 1-1.5 weeks. I do keep a secondary 2 gallon tank full of fuel mix that I refill from, that way I'm not having to carry around a large tank of fuel. I'll often make 2-3 gallons of mix at a time from the pump. That's just what works in my world.

Tool box on the bota. right now has two spliting wedges in it two 15 inch cresent wrenches a single 12 inch cresent wrench , a 1/2 drive breaker bar and a ratchet with assorted sockets, a large pair of chanel locks (think they are called 10" ones.) a small pair of channel locks, a pair of vice grips, a couple flat blade screw drivers and phillip tips. A ball of twine we use putting the fence post all in a line and have 15 yet to do if it drys out. There is also a quart of bar oil in there.
Did I mention a scrench?

The sledge rides here along with a 6 pound mual, a double bit axe and my home made log lift.

4 chain saws full of fuel and bar oil with sharp chains and a couple spares in the tool box in boxes. two logging chains one wrapped on the box blade and one on thre left running board.

5TqLM7A.jpg

That is all I need for my after breakfast trip to the woods.
Change chains on the saws refill with fuel and bar oil and I am set for another trip after dinner.

:D Al

Not really a combo can but I take this bag, it holds all my tools, extra bar & chain, hatchet, wedge, mix and bar oil in small bottles. I fill my saw and take a bottle that holds 2 tanks, that usually does all the cutting I need. The bag has lots of compartments for tools and such, even has a Scrench holder on the outside. Fits on my back and has a flat bottom so it sits up nice on the ground.
9e45adda0e35b0cd05b7fb9ca1ba7b37.jpg
bcfe024bd16ed501a5738f693dd6f4c5.jpg

My guess is added headspace to mix the oil and perhaps stabilizer as well. Mine is made by B&S and is 1.5 gal for fuel and 2.5 qt for bar oil. I think I paid $25 for it on Amazon. The stupid EPA spout failed after repeated use, so I gutted them both (better for pouring the bar oil anyway). Recently I'm trying with a new spout for the fuel mix because the fumes would pop the cap off when it got warm, so I added a vent and safety spout. So far so... meh...

I'll probably rig one of those flex spouts with a plug for the end.

Latest posts

Back