• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 254xp parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnMaddux541

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Might be a long shot but recently got a 254xp with good compression but needs some extra stuff. I’m looking for a good coil, switch, muffler, and starter recoil. Interested in parts saws as well. Thank you

S
Let me get you pics tomorrow when I get home from work, it appears to be one of the good older ones where the combustion chamber is a lot smaller then some of the others I have laying around probably builds a lot more compression and would be a better runner!
sounds awesome thank you!

Might be a long shot but recently got a 254xp with good compression but needs some extra stuff. I’m looking for a good coil, switch, muffler, and starter recoil. Interested in parts saws as well. Thank you
You can use a coil from husqvarna 55 also a muffler and a switch. All are available in aftermarket parts too. The starter recoil is a different story its harder to find. The top cover, recoil and chain brake are this model down side if missing they are all hard to find.

You can use a coil from husqvarna 55 also a muffler and a switch. All are available in aftermarket parts too. The starter recoil is a different story its harder to find. The top cover, recoil and chain brake are this model down side if missing they are all hard to find.
Awesome thank you. I was just seeing what was out there but I will keep that in mind!

I have air filters and c&p should you become desperate enough to cover shipping cost.:eek:

Re: coil/ignition. Look wider than 55 if you need to.
Husky 40 (early models with Electrolux ignition), 50,51, 55, 154, 257, 262, 268, 272.
Because you're in Oregon, where Partner had a good distributor, Partner 400, 500, 5000+ and later will also work.

I have air filters and c&p should you become desperate enough to cover shipping cost.:eek:

Re: coil/ignition. Look wider than 55 if you need to.
Husky 40 (early models with Electrolux ignition), 50,51, 55, 154, 257, 262, 268, 272.
Because you're in Oregon, where Partner had a good distributor, Partner 400, 500, 5000+ and later will also work.
Awesome thank you! I think I’ll be ok on that stuff but I will let you know

I have a starter for a 154. It has the spring and a good plastic but missing the rope and rotor. Mike
My experience is limited to 1980s 154 and 254 saws. You guys may know more than me.

A 154 starter will probably work on a 254...just...especially if you can put a 254 pulley on it.

In order to improve cooling air volume and flow, the 254 starter housing is slightly deeper than the 154 housing, effectively moving the pulley surface further away from the flywheel fins. Also the flywheel pawls are mounted closer to the top of the flywheel using 4mm allen screws and a thinner washer underneath.
Because of these changes, the pulley has a longer ferrule in order to engage properly with the pawls.

Ergo, 254 starter assembly on a 154? No problems. It's backwards compatible.
However, a 154 assembly on a 254? Check (a) that the knot on the end of the cord doesn't interfere with the pawls, (b) that there's secure, positive engagement of the ferrule with the pawls, to avoid jarring your shoulder.

Further re ignition, the 154/254 specific module had a yellow earth lead. The universal ones had a black lead.
The yellow lead indicates IIDA DENKI circuitry inside, meaning it fires at very low rpm and has prevention from firing in reverse direction.
Standard ones will work fine if you are at least of average strength. :D

Back