Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to rering my Holiday 1100. The last time I worked on it I tried to use a plastic piston stop to remove the flywheel but it wasn't big enough. This leads me to believe I may be able to do a gasket deletion. Does anyone know if this is possible on the 1100? I ordered rings for a Homelite SXL hoping for plug and play results. You guys have any suggestions or advice?

Thanks all.
Jason.

Being a machine builder and rebuilder I learned to heat half the bore to remove sheaves, pulleys, flywheels. By heating half the bore she should pop off. By heating around the whole bore it becomes a heat sink, it draws all the heat and it all expands together till we pump more heat into it. By heating half the bore it should pop off with very little hear. But there are exceptions.

Note, there’s a rule of thumb in the industry when working with tapered shafts. We’re suppose to remove the key and lap the two mating tapered parts together. This will make sure these parts are mated correctly.

SXL rings fit perfectly in the 1100 Holiday. The gasket was still good so I reused it. A little info on the brake down. I had to cut the metal oil line to unscrew the bottom two head bolts. I just cut the end off and reflared it. The two nuts holding the cylinder on are a pita to get back on. Tomorrow I will install the points, flywheel, starter, carb and mix some fresh gas. Fingers crossed

The 1100, 1120 and 1200 seem to be pretty much the same saw. Just a couple of small differences. Wish I had taken more pictures, just one of the new rings and cleaned up piston and cylinder.IMG_20190517_190352995.jpg

The real Pioneer history is buried in this very thread somewhere ans I remember participating in it, its a shame search function does not pick up on such posts unless it was posted under a heading as something like Pioneer chainsaw history. Guys like P62 ,(Jeff), (Mark) and myself have a good understanding of where and when Pioneer came from and went to.

I got caught up late working on my P41 last night. It has always vibrated noticeably at higher RPM since I've had it. I pulled the handle and 6 buffers off. The front bottom have colapsed/stretched somewhat, allowing the handlebar to ride really close to the case. Maybe that is the culprit? I ended up shimming them with washers so they threaded in and stopped 180 degrees short. They now stand opposite to the original inward "lean". Mounted everything back up and there is better clearance now. Going to get it out today and see if it helps.

Most likely going to need to chase down another pair for the long haul.

I got caught up late working on my P41 last night. It has always vibrated noticeably at higher RPM since I've had it. I pulled the handle and 6 buffers off. The front bottom have colapsed/stretched somewhat, allowing the handlebar to ride really close to the case. Maybe that is the culprit? I ended up shimming them with washers so they threaded in and stopped 180 degrees short. They now stand opposite to the original inward "lean". Mounted everything back up and there is better clearance now. Going to get it out today and see if it helps.

Most likely going to need to chase down another pair for the long haul.

think i stihl got 2. will check.

edit: do so.

Back