Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about the lost gear. Sounds like the good time partially made up for it though.
Got that phone in Dec. done and had it replace a couple months ago. got a new one will be here tomorrow. First phone I have had insurance on, pciked a good time to start. Phones and fishing gear can be replaced, what I will dearly miss is my sd card and probably 3 or 4 hundred pictures it contained. Most pics had been saved on my computer, and many I had emailed or facebooked to other folks, but My recent pics of the great grandbaby are forever lost. I am hopeing when the lake level drops, Phone fell in 10ft water, I can find the phone and I hope the sd card still works, but I have little hope for the phone.

Unbelievable! I just heard a roaring noise like a real hard wind storm. Looked out the window and the trees are drooping, not a little gust, bright sunshine. Then a wall of rain with drops the size of golf balls went by. Maybe 30 seconds. Bright, bright sunshine still. COOL!

Different kind of scrounge this weekend. Not exactly firewood or saw related bit it does have a chain on it! This barn find 78 cb400 hawk was last registered in 1980 by the original owner and has 13000km on the clock. We gave it a carb cleaning and were riding it around the yard. My friends son is ecstatic with his purchase..... Now I have an itch!
a5cb913d83b310d58cc019be9513a160.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Had some friends go ice fishing last winter. Found a guy's wallet and sunglasses with their 'fish finder' camera. They had more fun retrieving that than catching any fish. They called the guy and mailed it back to him.

Philbert
I ran into an old buddy I knew used to do a lot of gold dredgeing in the rivers around here. I asked if he still had his scuba gear. After he finished having a good laugh He agreed to try diving for the phone this weekend. Phone is rated water proof for about 30 min at 1.5 meters. Its setting in 10ft of water. As slim a chance is that the phone might work and sd card might still be good. I should at least get my old zebco 33 back. Now the insurance is sending me a new phone, should be here tomorrow, the SD card is about $10 bucks and I believe the otter box case was close to $40, add in the rod and reel, we are getting close to $100 laying on the bottom of the lake. So its worth trying to retrieve. Plus I will take my new rod and reel I just bought and a little bait and maybe catch a few more fish.

Nice looking bait you have there. I think the Kings will go crazy over that. When can I swing by and get a bucket full?View attachment 737203
Those do look fun, king salmon come up in the river where we were fishing at, they are a good bit of fun.
View attachment 737220Lots of them killed cause people think there snakeheads. Candidate for the endangered species list in PA. Theres some in the lake here.
We call this dogfish here as @cat10ken said.
Guys here bow fish for them, they are called "bow"fin :D.

Different kind of scrounge this weekend. Not exactly firewood or saw related bit it does have a chain on it! This barn find 78 cb400 hawk was last registered in 1980 by the original owner and has 13000km on the clock. We gave it a carb cleaning and were riding it around the yard. My friends son is ecstatic with his purchase..... Now I have an itch!
a5cb913d83b310d58cc019be9513a160.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Nice Honda :happy:.
Great job getting it going :cheers:.
I just cleaned the carb on my sons quad Saturday night, it didn't go as planned, but it is running well now :clap:.

Back