Farmertec failure

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's the same crank that goes into the Huztl 372 copy (which I believe it is) the question is mostly about consistency of quality, particularly alignment of the two halves.
From what I've read, consistency is THE issue with all of the parts. Seven or eight guys out of ten get a good crank, and the last two or three get to do the "China chainsaw dance".

So I got the oem everything and put the crankhalves back together. I heated the halves, freezed the bearings and dropped them in, went real well.
I got the crank in tapping around gently while toghtening the bolts and got that together went good too. The crank was turning nice and free.
Then i decided to put the seals in. I used a socket and tapped them in gently. But now the crank turns a bit stiff....
Is this normal??
I also read about the crank bearing being 8centered, mine is not quite centered. I took the feeler gauges out and have .015" on one side and .030" on the other....

Any help here would be greatly apreciated thank you!

I purchased a tired husky 372xp to rebuild then I seen the huztl complete engine. I purchased that and there flywheel because the key is different. I haven’t had time to swap out the engines yet. I’m thinking the huztl 372 engine would be a temporary fix till I repair the orginal husky 372xp engine. My projects are backing up.

So I got the oem everything and put the crankhalves back together. I heated the halves, freezed the bearings and dropped them in, went real well.
I got the crank in tapping around gently while toghtening the bolts and got that together went good too. The crank was turning nice and free.
Then i decided to put the seals in. I used a socket and tapped them in gently. But now the crank turns a bit stiff....
Is this normal??
I also read about the crank bearing being 8centered, mine is not quite centered. I took the feeler gauges out and have .015" on one side and .030" on the other....

Any help here would be greatly apreciated thank you!
The new seals will cause a little drag, and centering is not all that critical. If it turned free without the seals, it’ll most likely be fine, IMHO.

The new seals will cause a little drag, and centering is not all that critical. If it turned free without the seals, it’ll most likely be fine, IMHO.
Centring the crank is ideal but only really a problem if there's no clearance between the conrod and crank counterweight on one side. The other issue would be if the larger clearance on one side causes either the clutch to bind or the back of the flywheel to scrape against the cylinder.

Btw, I had no idea what .015 inches would look like. Apparently it's .381 mm :D

Did you tram the assembled crank? Or just assembled it in the block? It’s going to wee-waa in the block?

Thanks for everyones help I finally got it back together and running! All with OEM parts and the circlips the right way:dancing: Seems to be running good so far. Thanks again everyone!

Back