2019 Husqvarna 395xp The Good The Bad The Ugly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are a great saw for long bar especially with the front tensioner it’s a stronger design. The outboard clutch is also nice for pulling super long chains. For the size and weight it’s a hard combination to beat how many other saws can and will pull a 60” bar in that weight class?
317d0436ce51fee3ea3d3a4d6b792261.jpg
27bb4387b780d748419ebf187830af4f.jpg

A 60” bar up to and a 42” in the second picture.
Here’s the same saw with a 36

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep. and honestly a stronger setup. side tensioners that happen to have the bar nuts come loose pay the price instantly. not sure ive heard of a front tensioner breaking.

I must be unlucky. I've broken exactly one tensioner bolt on a chainsaw. The one on my 395. Bar nuts came loose, just like you said.

I must be unlucky. I've broken exactly one tensioner bolt on a chainsaw. The one on my 395. Bar nuts came loose, just like you said.
thats pretty uncommon, usually its one side tensioners. the one in my 394 had a little curve to it when i got it, bent it back and its been good.

Never one problem with any bar tensioner. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a 395xp. Never a problem with my 394xp or my 385xp. My sons 110lb girl freind(tomboy) loved running the 394. But she was a man killer on a dirtbike too. She loved beating the guys. Lol may she rip Godbless her brain cancer got her at 38yo. She was a doll. God always takes his angels first. I loved that gal as if she was my own.

I just got a Granberg sawmill. The only saw I have is a Sthil MS390, and I've made a few cuts with it, and I was surprised how well it did do. I thought about getting a MS661, but I am not convinced that the M-tronic would be better for milling. I think they are getting better, and heading in the right direction. But I think I will wait another 10 years and get a fuel injected once they get all the bugs worked out.
I would rather be able to add a little extra oil and adjust the carb slightly rich if needed. The Husqvarna 395XP will be placed on order for me soon!! The warranty is twice as long as Sthil. I think I read somewhere that they started making the 395xp around 1992 maybe? It just seems to me if you look at all the problems on the forums for a 395xp, there sure ain't a lot of them. I'm believe that the 395XP will be the best saw for me, for what little I am wanting to do with it, it will probably last me the rest of my life. I'll ordering me a 395XP at the beginning of next month. Good luck on whatever you decide!

I just picked up a few 2100’s two might got for the twin saw mill I always wanted when I cut access roads a lot of big red and white oaks went for firewood when they should of gone for lumber. Now I have some giant ash trees the ash bore got too and I like to make a new kitchen table. Plus other furniture.

ME TOO
I had a rim break and it piled up on top of its self the tension on the chain was incredible and took a lot of wriggling to get it off the saw, I replaced the adjuster good as new. And a cheap repair.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

Back