Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironically I was just going to buy some Dewault 18v batts as the two I have are nearly toast after several years. Drop me a PM and I will help you. I also have a UPS shipping account and they have some shipping coupons for the next couple of weeks, if that can get them to you cheaper.
Thanks very much for this. I'll shoot you a PM with some tentative ideas/items and see what we can sort out. I did look briefly at the UPS site regarding Lithium batteries and they will take them but only on a dangerous goods contract with prescribed markings, etc. Hopefully it's not a rabbit hole that consumes hours to nut out or layers prohibitive costs on the shipping.

https://www.ups.com/assets/resources/media/en_US/pack_ship_batteries.pdf
I’ll take the #2 position to help you out if needed.
Chur Bro. Nice to know there are people on the other side of the world who'd help a brotha out.

Thanks very much for this. I'll shoot you a PM with some tentative ideas/items and see what we can sort out. I did look briefly at the UPS site regarding Lithium batteries and they will take them but only on a dangerous goods contract with prescribed markings, etc. Hopefully it's not a rabbit hole that consumes hours to nut out or layers prohibitive costs on the shipping.

https://www.ups.com/assets/resources/media/en_US/pack_ship_batteries.pdf
Chur Bro. Nice to know there are people on the other side of the world who'd help a brotha out.
Sure just let me know. I can mock up a shipping quote to see what they say and I know there is a box to check for dangerous stuff.

with our politicians being so utterly ******** ************ ****!! **************************************************!!!! ! !!!! and the pound sinking without trace, I don't mind spending a few hours on the web to see if I can help you get something cheap
Thanks Neil. I've been following that meltdown. Boofhead Boris is licking his lips. Farage is the smiling assassin who can handle way more than a few milkshakes. One good thing is how utterly exposed the whole lot of them have been as the self-serving, back stabbing utterly impotent tossers only interested in their own self-aggrandising and preservation. In other words, much like many politicians in many countries where the governance systems that masquerade as representative democracies are nothing more than adversarial shark tanks that are the very antithesis of good governance.

I love how the wool is slowly being pulled back from the general phalanx' eyes, all through Western democracies.

A report about our own parliament was just released, that looked into workplace culture and found it is rife with not just utterly atrocious bullying, but sexual assaults and inappropriate behaviour. One person, only just stood down yesterday when the news broke, has three different sexual assault allegations against him and nobody who was notified up the food chain there wanted to report it to the police, basically hanging the alleged victims out to twist.

we go to the polls tomorrow.....for european elections haha! i kid you not. i predict arecord low turnout and the 9 or so people that bother will NOT vote for any major party. Andrea Loathesome, the leader of the house of commons (a senior cabinet role) quit a few hours ago.... 'Strong and Stable' Theresa still has her fingers in her ears and Comrade Corbyn (leader of the opposition)....what a waste of oxygen. politicians of all flavours are useless right now..utter disaster.

we go to the polls tomorrow.....for european elections haha! i kid you not. i predict arecord low turnout and the 9 or so people that bother will NOT vote for any major party. Andrea Loathesome, the leader of the house of commons (a senior cabinet role) quit a few hours ago.... 'Strong and Stable' Theresa still has her fingers in her ears and Comrade Corbyn (leader of the opposition)....what a waste of oxygen. politicians of all flavours are useless right now..utter disaster.
If I remember correctly some of your ancestors felt that way, if I remember correctly they became Americans after the battle. Things keep getting worse here and we might have to do it again.

If you get a phone case with some rubberized treads on it, it will stick to cotton shirts a lot better.

I like to carry my phone in pants pockets but the charging ports always get clogged with sawdust and dirt.
Yea, the phone that went fishing had one of those otter box rubber cases. I am putting off buying another one until I see if my suba buddy can find the sunk phone. I just have to be extra careful until then.

Buy some jeans with flapped cargo pockets and your phone will stay clean, it won't fall in the water, and you won't sit on it and break it! I got some canvas ones from Cabelas a few year back and I wear them a lot when cutting … a little more protection that blue jeans, and if it is cool I just wear them over my jeans.

I dont use a clothes dryer so my clothes are full of lint AND sawdust. My fone takes a beating. And my guns. When I fire my guns after carrying them the first shot sends a cloud of lint out of the gun. I have to clean the ports on my fone with a straitened paperclip or even better, a straitened staple.

Well fellas, that little 18v chainsaw has surprised me. It seems to sense the load and keep chugging along with the wee 10" bar buried. I only got a few minutes to play with it today but so far so good. It's going to be so handy around the sawmill and on building sites. It feels like it can handle a longer bar too. Early days but first impressions are encouraging.

My new ecofriendly chainsaw.
6c461ec580f76f8c2a5d05e03cbf3fc7.jpg

Back