If you were to buy a 70 cc saw tomorrow which one

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me the chainsaw market is changing much slower than the cell phone market. But upgrades will be offered. My question is how long do you plan on staying with the saw you purchased?

To me the chainsaw market is changing much slower than the cell phone market. But upgrades will be offered. My question is how long do you plan on staying with the saw you purchased?
hopeing these will be my last saws 201 for limbs and small and 70cc for everything else i live on edge of national forest on 100 acres at 2000 feet in Tennessee i have a lot of large oaks 3ft round and walnut, cedar, maple and trees i don't know I'm from NH originally

Wow, I think dealers are asking $950 and will come down to nine bones with bar and a couple chains with oil or motomix getting rid of 461s here, wrap or not. They’re asking $1100 for a non-wrap 462. Last summer they were asking $960 for the 441 and $1090 for the 461. While the 441 was out of production they sold the 461 for $960 and the wrap model for $1000.

Wow, I think dealers are asking $950 and will come down to nine bones with bar and a couple chains with oil or motomix getting rid of 461s here, wrap or not. They’re asking $1100 for a non-wrap 462. Last summer they were asking $960 for the 441 and $1090 for the 461. While the 441 was out of production they sold the 461 for $960 and the wrap model for $1000.

That’s exactly what I’d do: a MS461R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hopeing these will be my last saws 201 for limbs and small and 70cc for everything else i live on edge of national forest on 100 acres at 2000 feet in Tennessee i have a lot of large oaks 3ft round and walnut, cedar, maple and trees i don't know I'm from NH originally

New 70cc saw?
MS461R with a 25” full comp & 32” full skip B&C.

FYI
3’ regularly is 90cc 36” bar territory.

If you are concerned about mtronic or autotune and don't need to spend a lot of money, right now is a good time to get a deal on a Husky 365 70cc version, in fact i have one that is barely used i was going to sell, bone stock, since i use a 462 instead (or Husky 371). I have seen others selling these too and for 500-600 bucks its a good deal on a nearly new saw. And i guess you can grind off this separator in the tranfer covers, but i have never done it , to give it more power.

View attachment 737479

$936 plus tax w/ 20 & RS

$1,000 pho & it came with that sticker.
cd9f8a8b20920b7a5a1a9a9d458df8a5.jpg

Well, I would want to mess with an ms500i. But that's cause I have other saws in case if it fails. Not saying it will.

This was my other recommendation depending on how old of a saw he was looking for.

Good old saws I run 2 of them a pm700 a pm800 a 10-10 from time to time and to offset the yellow l have a nice orange poulan 4000. I spend a whole Sunday most weekends hanging off these old things as therapy cutting relatives and my own firewood. Loud and heavy

Back