light bar stihl or sugihara or? 20 inch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl if you're looking for a true light weight bar. Not sure if they come in a 20" though. I have one in a 25".

Stihl if you're looking for a true light weight bar. Not sure if they come in a 20" though. I have one in a 25".
20" and 25" I believe is what the website says. I have a 25 on my 461 and I am satisfied with it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quality is sugi, lighter weight would be the stihl light. I like Tsumara light and tough better than both.

Stihl bars are a little more flexible but have better rails and sprockets. I don’t know if there’s much advantage to a light bar at 20”, IMO. I would think the balance would be bad on anything bigger than a 50 cc saw. It will definitely be off balance on your 461, if that’s what you’re planning in running it on.

Stihl bars are a little more flexible but have better rails and sprockets. I don’t know if there’s much advantage to a light bar at 20”, IMO. I would think the balance would be bad on anything bigger than a 50 cc saw. It will definitely be off balance on your 461, if that’s what you’re planning in running it on.

Agreeeeed

good to know was going to get a 20" and 28" in light bar so no need for 20"in light

I wouldn’t even both with a 20” unless it’s on a small saw. I mainly use a 25 or 28. Gotta bend over pretty far with a 20”.

The 20" Tsumura bars are cheap enough that I bought one instead of a regular ES bar last time I wanted a 20". Send @redbull660 a pm and get a price on a lightweight 20" and 28" Tsumura. Compare that to stihl light bars. :)

I think the 20" Stihl light bars is one of their best products, I can't believe it took them so long to release it. It is really light and can be a game changer as far as saw balance goes. My 20" Sugi light is simply not light. Top quality bar for sure, but just not light, actually, its heavy.

Back