• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell I'm looking for a more efficient way to get parts.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihldragon

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
5 yrs ago, I gave myself the nickname "Stihldragon". It was so hard to get a good project at first, but now I'm swamped with Stihl rebuilds to do! I need to get parts faster because I'm getting behind! Can I get advice from anyone who has been in this situation and found a resolution?

As you've probably found, buying stupidly high priced stihl parts piecemeal for flipper saws is generally a fools errand.
The cheapest, most efficient way to get stihl parts is through acquiring quantities of parts saws from landscaping/logging outfits, dealer bone piles, guys who are overwhelmed with project saws, whatever...

Then you realize that most of the parts saws are really closer to project saws that then need more parts.

The cycle is self perpetuating, so you're basically screwed...
...until you wake up to the fact that eventually you have to start selling them cheap in quantities as parts/project saws.

Or resign yourself to becoming a hoarder.

Or, god forbid, do the never ending ebay parts selling/relisting ad nauseum thing...

Rinse and repeat.

I do have a lot of parts on hand that I can part with. I can use the money from that on parts I need. Honestly, if I could afford a thousand dollars worth of parts a week, I would produce a saw every other day.

I started repairing saws after a couple of years cutting trees. I'd place my parts order and the company owner would pay for them. They we're all his saws. Progress was painfully slow the first few years. Then people started finding out and I got my own clients.

If I could just become better at acquiring parts I would be that much further out of the woods. Perhaps this website can help.

Awesome! Do you have any 084av parts?
79fd33bbf64456194f84d6ce7f09dde8.jpg

So far every parts saw I purchase can be made to run. If your going to flip it in the end you might have too much money into it. For a hobby it isn’t bad. I do it to keep busy. How about huztl for Stihl parts.

I know it's not a super but I would like a super top end. They are cross compatible, right.

Back