Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Colt the thin ring 3.7 like you have had better compression than the thick ring 3.7 saws. Or Poulan 3700 thin ring verses the Poulan 3800 thick ring. I have worked on both and modified both and the thin ring always has better compression.
Sounds good. I doubt I'll be modding this one. Just clean up the piston top, new lines, and whatever the carb needs. And it was missing one of the screws on the giant chain catcher.
But I read somewhere on here about some 70cc stihl top end on something from the 3500 family.
I'll see if I can find the link. Think it was a gray Craftsman 12 pound 70cc saw. A real sleeper.

74A5227F-29C3-4DE5-8777-CA87CA43BFA1.jpeg 68A140A0-72CC-444B-9CD8-E5B56547691C.jpeg 8D733A46-2C2F-4A84-A574-88F40F81A47A.jpeg
It is a little dirty but used very little . I didn’t have one with the auto sharpener so I had to bring it home . Thanks for the heads up on the craigslist add . Awesome day took my 82 year old dad to breakfast at Shealy’s BBQ in Leesville and only had another 20 minute drive to Lexington SC . I asked the craigslist guy what his bottom dollar for the old red saw was and he said $20 so I didn’t argue with him .
I saved another Poulan !
Gary

View attachment 738031 View attachment 738032 View attachment 738033
It is a little dirty but used very little . I didn’t have one with the auto sharpener so I had to bring it home . Thanks for the heads up on the craigslist add . Awesome day took my 82 year old dad to breakfast at Shealy’s BBQ in Leesville and only had another 20 minute drive to Lexington SC . I asked the craigslist guy what his bottom dollar for the old red saw was and he said $20 so I didn’t argue with him .
I saved another Poulan !
Gary

The power sharp model should be a 3800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting news.

While I was at the Upstate NY GTG I was talking to the Oregon Chain rep and he indicated that Husqvarna had told Oregon they were going to discontinue the Poulan brand.
Possibly a heads up for Oregon on discontinuing Poulan branded bars.

Latest posts

Back