• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Wanted: Drip Torch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! I thought of Eric as I was writing the ad up. I had seen 30 years ago giant drip torches that hung down under helicopters... I am sure he wants one of those these days. There is no better job on a fire than having a drip torch in your hand.
Erik may know someone or have something for you.
I like fire, but not like you guys are playing in, a 10-20' bonfire in the back yard is my style :blob2:.

Ha! I thought of Eric as I was writing the ad up. I had seen 30 years ago giant drip torches that hung down under helicopters... I am sure he wants one of those these days. There is no better job on a fire than having a drip torch in your hand.

In Oregon. Check Cascade fire and see if they have any demos or seconds, what could go wrong ??

Erik

Good torch, been using them for years, they have the red also. Have three of their Sure-Seal torch and one Sure-Seal that has been converted to a 18 inch Panama Pan Torch like this one except it a Sure-Seal. Makes holding it out of a utv and laying in a fire line much easier. Also when walking you can hold it out behind you without fear of catching your boot on fire. Also if you convert one be sure you include the cutoff valve that way you can adjust the flow as needed.

61mYZwA43UL._SX425_.jpg

Used it yet. : )))

Erik

Not yet, but I am getting a lot of pile burning done, like this one this morning. The Drip Torch is calling me, wooing me... I'm going to try some small fence lines and oak Savannah fires in the next few days, but I think they'll likely close open burning before I can get a decent sustainable fire in those areas.

Piles are from this year's snowzilla epic event.

pile-burning.jpg

Not yet, but I am getting a lot of pile burning done, like this one this morning. The Drip Torch is calling me, wooing me... I'm going to try some small fence lines and oak Savannah fires in the next few days, but I think they'll likely close open burning before I can get a decent sustainable fire in those areas.

Piles are from this year's snowzilla epic event.

pile-burning.jpg

Looking good,

All I got is 5-8’ of field grass and it’s still wet at the bottom. Had to mow it today. Grass crop is tall and thick this year
1b60125719be5d7b4f01e8fe622d0811.jpg
cd6791dc2cbb246470f5f0040b1af542.jpg
and that’s 3 weeks ago

Erik

Looking good,

All I got is 5-8’ of field grass and it’s still wet at the bottom. Had to mow it today. Grass crop is tall and thick this year
1b60125719be5d7b4f01e8fe622d0811.jpg
cd6791dc2cbb246470f5f0040b1af542.jpg
and that’s 3 weeks ago

Erik
You could loose a giraffe in that grass!! You need a herd of something. Wildebeests, buffalo, or maybe when it dries out... a drip torch!

You could loose a giraffe in that grass!! You need a herd of something. Wildebeests, buffalo, or maybe when it dries out... a drip torch!
Lotta restrictions on burn piles here, especially due to the flashy fuels and I live 1/4 mile from a CalFire station

Erik

Back