MS 260 Pro Price Check

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a real nice 026 pro a couple months ago, with a nice heavy Stihl case for $150.
I would have bought it because I know they are highly regarded, and very popular with lots of part support. But it was 100 mile roundtrip and I had an Echo 490 that I had bought brand new(at wholesale price) a few months earlier.

I'd say if it's all there and starts and runs good that's a fair price.

But I am partial to getting saws in good shape cosmetically also.
And little parts that you might have to buy can add up quickly. Even simple stuff like bars, chains, and sprockets.

Thank you for the information. From all I have read about the 260 pro, they seem to be decent saws. Hopefully I can get my hands on it in the next couple of days and I’ll post my findings. Once again thank you.

Thank you for the information. From all I have read about the 260 pro, they seem to be decent saws. Hopefully I can get my hands on it in the next couple of days and I’ll post my findings. Once again thank you.

Not that is matters much $$ wise but make sure it’s actually a pro model instead of just a pro sticker. Pro variations will have an adjustable Oiler and a decompression valve. The top Av mount on the outside left of the carb box can get weak and rip. Make sure it starts and revs fine. The air filters have a choke flap built in and are notorious for being weak and trying to close while revving the throttle.
Depending on condition 026/260’s go for 150-250 in my area.
They are good little saws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would and do pay $200 for a decent shape 026 all day long. I’d go up to $350 for a minty 260. PRO model doesn’t matter to me, doesn’t need a decomp valve and I’ve never had an issue with the Oiler on my non pro 026 and never need to adjust the Oiler on my 260.

I really want a 261, but can’t find one for a descent price. Every one I see is priced very close to retail. Might as well just buy new and get warranted and know it shouldn’t have any problems.

True. They love the 261. With you on that. Buy it new any have the peace of mind with a warranty.

I just sold 2 260 pros a couple weeks ago.

First one was a super clean ms260. I got it from my neighbor with a wiped piston, it probably had 10 hours on it total..I put in a AM piston and replaced a couple of the rubber parts amd a carb kit.

I listed the saw for $350 and it sold by the next morning. A fellow drove 2 hours one way to get it.

Second was a well used ms260 pro that was a rental saw. It looked rough and I bought it as a complete parts saw for $40. I put a farmertec top end, new oem cranseals and bearings, new rubber parts and a carb kit.

Sold that one for $275 it took about a week and a half for it to go.

Both saws had useable but well used 16" stihl bars with RS chains.

Haven’t been able to get my hands on this one yet. I keep messaging the seeker with no response. Starting to get a little Leary. But I’ll give it until this weekend and then move on if no response. Hopefully it works out. Says it runs great and I will definitely test it before loading it up. Thanks for all the great advice. Hopefully I’ll add another one to the arsenal this weekend.

Back