Farm find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berrnard

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out this goodness, on my own farm no less. Been told there is an old Mac somewhere.....

SUPER excited about the gas can.

4ff692055496c2bd6b8a6c9d53c0ca93.jpg
0c2fe91a402dcced5f3f9f30bb477bcd.jpg
a88d4b3db77987c15895b29e43cb65c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That can is worth more than the saw. That is a definite die hard Stihl collectors item . I have a couple of those 2 piece Stihl gas carriers with the tool tray under it that comes apart but your find is much more rare . I have never seen one like that. That saw is from the 70's so the can is probably also from the same time period but is still in good shape if it is clean on the inside .

Excellent find don't be surprised if someone offers to buy it.

Check out this goodness, on my own farm no less. Been told there is an old Mac somewhere.....

SUPER excited about the gas can.

4ff692055496c2bd6b8a6c9d53c0ca93.jpg
0c2fe91a402dcced5f3f9f30bb477bcd.jpg
a88d4b3db77987c15895b29e43cb65c3.jpg

Ill give you $50 for the can if there are no leaks

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

That can is worth more than the saw. That is a definite die hard Stihl collectors item . I have a couple of those 2 piece Stihl gas carriers with the tool tray under it that comes apart but your find is much more rare . I have never seen one like that. That saw is from the 70's so the can is probably also from the same time period but is still in good shape if it is clean on the inside .

Excellent find don't be surprised if someone offers to buy it.

Ya i did quick research on the saw. Fairly worthless but it’s not seized. So may be a fun little project.

Ya the can is clean. I was surprised. Shiny metal and no rust to be seen. Made me very happy.

So $50.....?

[emoji16]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Turning the clock back that Poulan saw rivaled the old style Stihl 020 top handle in the world of tree climbers. I never had one because Stihl was king in my area but the west coast guys liked the Poulan because it wasn't plagued with that weird intake boot problem the 020 seemed to have or was complained about by some . I never had a problem with it but others did and if it wasn't the boot it was the carb that could give you fits.

Back