First one

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit something an broke 2 cutters off my chain, so everything is on hold right now. :angry:

Hit something an broke 2 cutters off my chain, so everything is on hold right now. :angry:

Last week I was bucking rounds, hit something just as the cut was finishing, couild not force it to finish. Swapped chains and made itthrough the rest of the session. Never found whatever I hit. Set up to file chains the other day starting with that one. Wow! 20 strokes each tooth to get back past the damage and I'm not sure I got it far enough. It is now in its own zip loc marked "20" bad??" Not much left of the teeth but I'll try it next tiem I'm cutting.

I live in an area in germany where the US thought the SS jugend hide weapons and other valuables in the forrest.
And where afraid the Russians might arive first. So even after Germany surendered, every bomb that was left was dropped in these regions.
No tree older than 100 years doen't contain grenade shells. I always carry a dozen sharp chains in the Terry and don't even bother sharpening by hand. I need to remove a mm (0,04 inch?) Most of the time anyway.
I'm just glad they didn't use uranium shells jet.
And this year we mainly cut birks wich are about 50 years. So just hit 1 shell yet and almost done for the year.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

Well I might, but those lovely white oaks and beech are within a km from our house. And chains aren't that expensive. In the end, I pay about 1000euro including saws chains repairs and the trees etc for about 50m3 (14 cord?).
And nobody else wants those trees, so I love the fact that this way it won't go to waste.
And If I'm lucky I find one that is fine and I can use for milling.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

My wife bitches even if I bring a saw into my man cave room. she can smell mix a hundred feet away in a 90MPH wind. I might just as well pack every thing I want and move if i were to bring a chain saw in the kitchen.
Whew doggie and Jed used to say.

:D Al

Latest posts

Back