What string trimmer to get

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nwpa

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well my trusty Husqvarna 123l muffler modded finally won't idle and my Still fs 55 problem child won't rev up so I'm looking into a new string trimmer.
Any recommendations on one with a straight shaft and some power?

Thank you I'll have to stop at the dealer and check it out.

I’ve had good luck with Shindaiwa.
This one is 35 years old, been run hard and often. Still going strong
3756edc2c23c01c1d45830d851780087.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve had good luck with Shindaiwa.
This one is 35 years old, been run hard and often. Still going strong
3756edc2c23c01c1d45830d851780087.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a T20 that was great until the nla TK carburetor went. I am moding it with a modern carburetor because it's been such a good runner. So I'll vote for the Shindiawa.

EGO 15" battery trimmer. Have not had it long but it made fine work of invasive green vines in the yard today. It's quiet and the head loads easily without taking it apart. Weight is just over 10 pounds complete. So far so good and it has a long warranty to boot not to mention a 90 day return period if it doesn't make the right initial impression.

I had a T20 that I got off a bone pile and assembled 1 from 2. Only part I had to buy was a new fuel cap. Ran it over 10yrs and started having coil trouble.

I replaced it with a RedMax. Similar size and light weight like the T20. Only wish the choke level was better. It's not a brush cutter but gives the weeds the dickens.

Latest posts

Back