• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell I'm looking for a more efficient way to get parts.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's not a super but I would like a super top end. They are cross compatible, right.
I also have an up to date ignition coil for it. It needs a points conversion. It's a very clean saw. I'm not going to split the crank case because I don't think it's necessary. No play in bearings. Oil seals look nice and clean and free of leakage. I want it to be be a high performance rebuild. An 028 super top end is considered a big bore on an 028 av wood boss. If I remember correctly.
3bcca87078db6a926522f3546144cc1b.jpg

I've since buffed out the scratch on the piston and I'm attempting to salvage it. It's worth a try because I've had some luck with doing that.

The reason why I am so dedicated to this build is because I have an 038av Magnum with the carrier. So now I have 038 with carrier and 028 with carrier. These two saws look great side by side

I buffed out the deep scratch on the piston and replaced the points module with an up to date ignition coil and the saw is beautiful!

Fix what? There's only a quarter of a saw there...
Lol. I know, I meant that If I was able to get my hands on the missing parts, I would be more than capable of turning it into an awesome saw.

So far every parts saw I purchase can be made to run. If your going to flip it in the end you might have too much money into it. For a hobby it isn’t bad. I do it to keep busy. How about huztl for Stihl parts.
Farmertech is the first top end I ever used. it threw a circlip but that was my fault. The quality of the product is good. It's the uncommon parts I need help with

Lol. I know, I meant that If I was able to get my hands on the missing parts, I would be more than capable of turning it into an awesome saw.
At least half the guys on here can do that! Parts is parts but they ain't free for 084 Stihl. By the time you round up the missing stuff you will have more than a new saw. That's what we have been trying to tell you.

Sentimental attachment doesn't work when flipping saws. Pic a series of saws (like, 1122 and 1128) and start buying everyone that you find that is affordable. Don't just buy any brand or different series, you will run out of room and money.

Sentimental attachment doesn't work when flipping saws. Pic a series of saws (like, 1122 and 1128) and start buying everyone that you find that is affordable. Don't just buy any brand or different series, you will run out of room and money.
Thanks for that. It makes a lot of sense. I'm going to give it some thought and decide a home series

Thanks for that. It makes a lot of sense. I'm going to give it some thought and decide a home series
In my shop, I have a whole bunch of different series of Stihl. I'm going pick one and sell the rest. It'll give me structure.

In the black box is a 038 super I'm starting on after I get this shop cleaned up. It's all there but the muffler and the clutch and oiler gears are fried. It's a heck of a lot easier than the 084!
77bf52f40946d181fe5fa499f4f83869.jpg

I see you're still deep in the denial phase, lol...
I'm not only flipping saws but I'm also collecting antique saws and using them for tree removal. The antique saws are fascinating. Everyone is interested in them. They're a great advertisement for a saw builder. They're a popularity booster.

Sent from my Z557BL using Tapatalk

I'm not only flipping saws but I'm also collecting antique saws and using them for tree removal. The antique saws are fascinating. Everyone is interested in them. They're a great advertisement for a saw builder. They're a popularity booster.

4a4049e181ef0d8dfee80be2eb2419ce.jpg
f0b0f24fde92f5209ed682b82ed6d7db.jpg
38fd57c800f84ac5607cbdcd5d4cb7d8.jpg

Latest posts

Back