Buyer of Stihl 500I

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StanleyLogging

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello. I am in the USA and am looking to buy a Stihl 500I chainsaw. These saws are not yet available to us. Serious buyer. Thanks

Thank you. What would my cost be shipped to USA?

The last ones went for around $1300 or less shipped to you PHO. They were pre-release saws, so maybe the price will vary a little when they fully release...

I'll know the final price when I actually get my hands on the saws. I should have more info in the coming week...

Here's mine cutting a dry Plane tree (Sycamore family).

Jeezus.... what part of his statement that he should be getting some first of July is beyond your comprehension?
Yes, it was a silly question but your reply is unnecessarily harsh on a newish member who doesn't deserve the flaming for the crime of a silly question. I hope @StanleyLogging sticks around long enough to realise not everyone reacts that way.

To StanleyLogging, you could try private messaging @AlfA01 directly, and you should be looked after. And feel free to keep asking questions. There isn't a person alive who sprung from the womb a true genius who never asked a stoopid question.

No.
There’s a guy on another site who compared a 500, 462, and a 7910. All with the same 25” bar and chain.
The 462 was the fastest.

The 462 is a higher revving saw and a very fast cutter even stock. I've found that the 50oi is very impressive after porting. It suffers from clogged muffler design stock to meet EPA stuff, I assume.

The 500i has monster torque after muffler mod and break-in. It needs at least 10 tanks of gas to wake up. It won't be the fastest saw out of the box, which is what most folks are showing in the YT videos.

I've ported mine and it absolutely screams. Videos don't do it any justice. I wouldn't trade my 500i for a 462--this one is staying right here. :)

Back