80cc saw for 160 dollars??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This must be a reliable loggers saw. Since it uses that high regarded special blend of Acrylonitril-butadieen-styreen for extra power.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

Not seen any of those saws that are any larger displacement than 52cc+/-. Seen a couple that were supposed to be in the +60cc range, reality was they were 52cc. Be interesting if they were actually as described.

That being said, some of those 52cc saws work well and seem to hold together. Still would not pay more than a $100.00 for one delivered to the door.

Did not see a weight listed. It would be neat if it was a upsized 52cc saw, like the husq 365 and 390.

I have one of those 52cc augers.
I needed to locktite almost all screws and bolts, that Acrylonitril-butadieen-styreen melts away near the exhaust, the carb is held on by spit and prayer, but the engine is actually quite good.
Aways starts at the second pull. As long as you take into account that the choke says off when it is on and vice versa.
My rationell is, if an auger breaks, it probably stops working. An due to no safety features, it might break your knees or shoulder if it hits a brick (more of a viable option than I thought initially).
If a chainsaw breaks, you might loose limb, and even if it doesn't you might still loose a limb because of the rudimental safety features.

So I bought a 90 euro auger (twice actually, because my prayers wheren't enough after I dropped it and needed to use my thumb as part of the choke) instead of a 1000 euro stihl auger.

But will never even try a 130 euro chainsaw, if 300/400 euro gives me a A-brand professional saw (thinking Dolkita 4300/5105 or Husky 545).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

Not seen any of those saws that are any larger displacement than 52cc+/-. Seen a couple that were supposed to be in the +60cc range, reality was they were 52cc. Be interesting if they were actually as described.

That being said, some of those 52cc saws work well and seem to hold together. Still would not pay more than a $100.00 for one delivered to the door.

Did not see a weight listed. It would be neat if it was a upsized 52cc saw, like the husq 365 and 390.

You hit the nail right on the head, Those are just 52cc saws. If someone buys one they say it right on the cylinder.

They do make them look good. Remember those cheap plastic toys from Japan? Just wait till the Chinese get a handle on there quality control. I think it’s the quality of there materials that needs help.

I’m better off buying a non running Stihl or husky and fixing it.

They do make them look good. Remember those cheap plastic toys from Japan? Just wait till the Chinese get a handle on there quality control. I think it’s the quality of there materials that needs help.

I’m better off buying a non running Stihl or husky and fixing it.
I take your point. In the '80s, dealers and consumers were quick to call all Japanese saws "Jap crap" but the Husqvarna marketing guys would say, "Look at this Echo. They've got the quality. If they can get the weight down and the power up, they'll be real competition."
Today, the low end of the market is flooded with Chinese-made Zenoah copies (which themselves were based on proven Husqvarna and Stihl concepts) however, we must be careful not to "tar" all Chinese-made product with the "brush" of obviously inferior examples.
Superior examples? At least in the homeowner class, I'd suggest Chinese-sourced Dolmar & Homelite from personal observation. From hearsay, Efco.

I take your point. In the '80s, dealers and consumers were quick to call all Japanese saws "Jap crap" but the Husqvarna marketing guys would say, "Look at this Echo. They've got the quality. If they can get the weight down and the power up, they'll be real competition."
Today, the low end of the market is flooded with Chinese-made Zenoah copies (which themselves were based on proven Husqvarna and Stihl concepts) however, we must be careful not to "tar" all Chinese-made product with the "brush" of obviously inferior examples.
Superior examples? At least in the homeowner class, I'd suggest Chinese-sourced Dolmar & Homelite from personal observation. From hearsay, Efco.
Yes but there is a huge difference between Japan and China in terms of quality control and labor rates.

Chinese factory’s pay their people pittens to make saws and their quality control is not terrible but def not as good as echo or stihl/husky. Point being Chinese quality will never rival that of the other guys and this will never have them accepted as a replacement for any other known brand.

Yes but there is a huge difference between Japan and China in terms of quality control and labor rates.

Chinese factory’s pay their people pittens to make saws and their quality control is not terrible but def not as good as echo or stihl/husky. Point being Chinese quality will never rival that of the other guys and this will never have them accepted as a replacement for any other known brand.
You may be right about highest-level pro saws but never is a very long time. There is a difference now but in 30 years?....far too hard for me to predict.

True, I am not trained in the crystal ball either. Time will tell,

I am curious as to when the EPA will start slamming down on Chinese saws off eBay and websites being brought into Canada/USA

True, I am not trained in the crystal ball either. Time will tell,

I am curious as to when the EPA will start slamming down on Chinese saws off eBay and websites being brought into Canada/USA
I've wondered about that myself. Seems an obvious loophole that saws sold within US cannot have user-adjustable carbs and dealers who on-sell the special tuning tools are penalised, when eBay, Banggood, etc are free to sell whatever they like.

Also, at the moment in Australia (where thankfully, alcohol-free 98 octane fuel is freely available) homeowner saws that are more environmentally friendly sometimes cost more than the dirty version!

This guy tried to preach about quality products to us and we laughed at him. He went to Japan and taught them and they listened. Look at the industry of japan today. What ever market they go after they seem to concour.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._Edwards_Deming

To me China is trying to play catch up way too fast. Much faster than there development will allow. Like Japan there making little plastic cars today look out for the future.

Fact, everyone is turning to China for manufacturing. Because it’s cheap and there’s no environmental laws(yet). But here’s a clue look at fishing reels I seen them manufactured in China under a top name quality company. I believe when the contract is up the same reel is copied and manufactured under a Chinese brand. What’s this mean I purchased the same expensive reel for $1.99. The shipping wasn’t cheap. These reels work awesome. Little by little China is cloning everything.

Look at the car industry. Everyone in the car manufacturing was scared of South Korea getting into making cars. The Kia brand is getting there fair share of the market. Sound familiar? Look at the cars being imported from Japan. I’m thinking everyone is holding there breath waiting for China to offer there cars here. I think the big three car manufacturers here are in trouble.

I heard a conversation that race tires from Japan will never make it here. How many Hoosier tires do we see on race cars?

China isn’t just cloning chainsaws.

When I was building CNC machines we didn’t allow our high output technology CNC machines to leave our country. The six axis controls stayed here in the us. We shipped only two axis machines to China.

Latest posts

Back