Makita/dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJD85

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me how to propeely care for a EA6100P? proper mix what brand of oil what octain gas replacement bar and chain ECT. also what does EA stand for? Your responce is greatly appreciated

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Can anyone please tell me how to propeely care for a EA6100P? proper mix what brand of oil what octain gas replacement bar and chain ECT. also what does EA stand for? Your responce is greatly appreciated

Also what are your thoughts on this pretty little devil

It takes the same bar as a Husqvarna 550 or 555. Commonly called small Husky mount 095 in Oregon code.

It has an inboard clutch and small spline sprocket. So using .325 chain is realistically possible though not popular on this site.

They managed to meet emission target without electronic controls. It has a small reed valve for a portion of the air, I believe the part that does not get gas mixed in.

My complaints would be the plastic clutch cover that does not put pressure on the bar over a large area and I find reliable restarting is done after setting the fast idle and that means setting the chain brake.

Maybe EA means motor saw in Japanese. Interesting question.

Thank your for the response. I just got one with about 10 hours on it for 300$ I'm really excited and want to take good carebof it.

32:1? Why does the manufacturer reccomend the 50:1. Im glad I asked you guys. And I already I
ove it

Will a tune by ear be sufficiant. I just kinda listen for it

Also. I bought it used from home depo for 300$ so I'm pretty sure the ran 50:1 is switching ok?

Do you know,if it has limiter caps?

Also. I bought it used from home depo for 300$ so I'm pretty sure the ran 50:1 is switching ok?

Yes it's OK to switch. As said need to tune for mix you are using.

Do you know,if it has limiter caps?

Low is screwdriver, High is DD specialty tool. Can get them on Ebay and Amazon.
Shep

I have 12 pack multi tools one should fit

Back