Eastonmade splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a commercial splitter, with that said Easton is a great looking machine. A box wedge would be great ion the large rounds I deal with.

IM looking to upgrade splitters, and these look pretty handy, only question is how they handle knotty Oak and Eucalyptus. I don't cut as much as I would like, as I have to work but ended up with 34 cords cut and split last year. should get a little more than that this year as I got a good jump but it. The homemade splitter I had gave up the ghost and ended up with a 35 ton tractor supply splitter. its ok but I don't like the standing room and the way the bark gets jammed in the push rails and I have bogged it down a lot. poor design. How much grunt do the Eastonmade spitters have for really bad wood?

IM looking to upgrade splitters, and these look pretty handy, only question is how they handle knotty Oak and Eucalyptus. I don't cut as much as I would like, as I have to work but ended up with 34 cords cut and split last year. should get a little more than that this year as I got a good jump but it. The homemade splitter I had gave up the ghost and ended up with a 35 ton tractor supply splitter. its ok but I don't like the standing room and the way the bark gets jammed in the push rails and I have bogged it down a lot. poor design. How much grunt do the Eastonmade spitters have for really bad wood?

Have to be really careful using any splitter with a multi-wedge in knotty & bad wood. Not sure how bad you mean but you might have to stick to a single wedge to avoid breaking something with big grunt.

Have to be really careful using any splitter with a multi-wedge in knotty & bad wood. Not sure how bad you mean but you might have to stick to a single wedge to avoid breaking something with big grunt.
I don't use a 4 way wedge at all, only a single, but I still bogg/stall the current 35 ton splitter out at times. don't want to spend the money for the Easton if it is going to bogg too

I am working my way,to having a processor ...
The 22-28 is a great machine,but will no longer need it..

Latest posts

Back