EA6100P dolkita

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJD85

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I finally got my saw. Picked up this saw from home depo for 300$. It came will 2 brand new chains too. Tell me what you think! It started first pull after prime. I'm not familiar with this saw at all and suggestions would be great. Also my previous saw had a rubber peice inside of the oiler slot. Should there be one on this saw? There seems to be a lot of oil near the sprocket area after a few revs. I know it can be adjusted but not shure if im missing a peice. The jets are super caked to the point where I can't even see what tool is needed. Cleaning reccomendations are appreciated also. I feels GREAT and I can't wait to put it in some WOOD. Attached is pics
5905f5a4e605b3f57ba449556914e0ce.jpg
7ae7085dcf9d678f877fb129c167bce3.jpg
8aecbfea5e56bccaa7c9c1b6606eca68.jpg
ed882cfe309c7d3c806abde6ae113a88.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

So I finally got my saw. Picked up this saw from home depo for 300$. It came will 2 brand new chains too. Tell me what you think! It started first pull after prime. I'm not familiar with this saw at all and suggestions would be great. Also my previous saw had a rubber peice inside of the oiler slot. Should there be one on this saw? There seems to be a lot of oil near the sprocket area after a few revs. I know it can be adjusted but not shure if im missing a peice. The jets are super caked to the point where I can't even see what tool is needed. Cleaning reccomendations are appreciated also. I feels GREAT and I can't wait to put it in some WOOD. Attached is pics
5905f5a4e605b3f57ba449556914e0ce.jpg
7ae7085dcf9d678f877fb129c167bce3.jpg
8aecbfea5e56bccaa7c9c1b6606eca68.jpg
ed882cfe309c7d3c806abde6ae113a88.jpg

The oil hose is not visible unless you take that cover plate off. T27 torx screws. Nothing will fly out at you when you take it off. The carb needles take a double D screwdriver. You can find one on eBay or Amazon. Get a T27 t handle while you're at it if you don't have one already. These are easy starting and great running saws. My only complaint with mine is it is stingy with bar oil. The bar gets dry in a long cut and will start smoking if you keep cutting.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response. So if you look closely at the oil slot on that cover plate does it looks just like yours? What im saying is without taking the cover plate off there is a rubber peice visible on my other saw that limits the exertion of oil. I notice this does not have one. It does have an adjustable oiler on the dolkita with my other saw does bot so maybe it just a different system that dosent require the limiter

Speaking of limiter does it have limiter caps?

Thanks for the response. So if you look closely at the oil slot on that cover plate does it looks just like yours? What im saying is without taking the cover plate off there is a rubber peice visible on my other saw that limits the exertion of oil. I notice this does not have one. It does have an adjustable oiler on the dolkita with my other saw does bot so maybe it just a different system that dosent require the limiter

Yes, just like that. The hose is behind it. Crank it up with the bar off, you will see the oil coming out of the slot. Adjustable oiler, 3 position. You can download a manual and IPL online.

I see what you mean. There might be another one. I remember answering the same questions a few days ago.

Yeah its me the same guy. I had a problem finding the thread so I started a new one. Im new and learning how to navagate this site. Also I had limited response from what I expected so I figured I would add pics to for you guys to make it a better more interesting post. I read everything and appreciate it very much.

I originally wanted to just add pics to the old post amd additional information and questions.

Yeah its me the same guy. I had a problem finding the thread so I started a new one. Im new and learning how to navagate this site. Also I had limited response from what I expected so I figured I would add pics to for you guys to make it a better more interesting post. I read everything and appreciate it very much.

No problem. I'm no whiz at doing things on this site either, but I can answer a few questions about the saws I have a little experience with. When I first got on this site, lots of people taught me lots of things about saws. I feel obligated to help others since so many helped me.

Latest posts

Back