"You Suck" Thread 2019--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinkin about mounting one of my old chainsaws on a bicycle. Then today, I found this for forty bucks.
View attachment 739164
No spark. So $8 for a coil. Or maybe just a plug.
Well personally I wouldn't be suspicious of the wiring at all?, you could probably just rewire it and it might run.

$50. The one with the bar was running 4-5 years ago, new fuel lines, carb kit etc. He couldn't get it to idle right. I was thinking seals, but the throttle shaft bore in the carb is worn pretty bad, it does run on a prime though.
691b670e32d50fbca6552b4c2ceaf67d.jpg

Wire nuts aren't exactly the hot setup in the rain anyway.
Once I get it going I'll get some better connections and some heat shield.
The engine mount is a hack job too. Bottom tube too big.

Probably going to mount it in this,
20190528_192948.jpg
after converting to single speed. With a banana seat, chrome forks, and tall laid back chrome bmx bars.
shopping (2).jpeg
And a fat rear tire if it'll fit between the chains.
Then flip the Schwinn to recoup some cost.

It's killing me to look at classifieds and see awesome deals but just too far away to be practical. This is in Frederick, MD. On Facebook see what looks to be a nice size poulan (4900 maybe?) and can't tell the other for $30!

Anyone wanna pick them up for me and we can splitsies??? I've asked if I can get better pictures. Edit: some other lucky bastard sucks and bought it already

Attachments

• 7B09A777-0190-4BE7-BAF2-5788AAA2562A.jpeg
    7B09A777-0190-4BE7-BAF2-5788AAA2562A.jpeg
    668.9 KB · Views: 37
B4D9D4F8-C139-4524-A374-4ACD8BCB511D.jpeg 4E109796-C35B-4128-8136-B7AB1A9FB3FA.jpeg D50BB76C-9E12-4182-AC50-45F8E9BBD0D0.jpeg Got this today for £5. I told the seller if I can get it running I’ll drop him another £15. He said it just needs the starter cord fixed and that it’s all there. It is all there and the starter cord spring has failed so it might be a simple fix. Anyone run one of these before?

You definitely suck KarlD. Great saw in my opinion...
I would pull the muffler and check out the piston, also probably want to replace crank seals due to the age.
Okee dokee...it’ll have to wait though because I’ve got some work to do on a couple of other saws first when work allows. I might have time to clean it up and get some pictures relatively soon though. Looks like you have one from the saws listed in your signature; I think I used to have a Partner 451? ages ago and that thing just kept going. What ‘modern’ saw do you think I might walk past and use the 100 instead...or is it only really for kudos these days...bear in mind I happily leave the 088 at the yard and instead take out either the 084, 090 or dolmar CT....or all three :sweet:
Oh and I’ve got to learn how to do that mechanical stuff you mention, can cope with taking the exhaust off and looking at the piston though

It's not a chainsaw, but here is my 50.00 John Deere STX 38 that I got at a yard sale last Friday. Needs carb work, but runs great when adding gas to carb. This is one of the first STX models, as it has the yellow deck instead of the black one. It's only 38" cut, but I hope to get some future use in years out of it. MVC-001F.JPG MVC-002F.JPG MVC-003F.JPG

Okee dokee...it’ll have to wait though because I’ve got some work to do on a couple of other saws first when work allows. I might have time to clean it up and get some pictures relatively soon though. Looks like you have one from the saws listed in your signature; I think I used to have a Partner 451? ages ago and that thing just kept going. What ‘modern’ saw do you think I might walk past and use the 100 instead...or is it only really for kudos these days...bear in mind I happily leave the 088 at the yard and instead take out either the 084, 090 or dolmar CT....or all three :sweet:
Oh and I’ve got to learn how to do that mechanical stuff you mention, can cope with taking the exhaust off and looking at the piston though

Much heavier and not the same as my ported 066 (closest I have to compare with). Plenty of torque pulls 36" just fine in oak for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back